Status: AVAILABLE – Download immediately
Salepage: Click HERE – Archive:
Languages: English; Combined file size: 12 Hours 17 Minutes; Included files: (Audio and Video)
- J. Eric Gentry, Ph.D., D.A.A.E.T.S.
- 12 Hours 17 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Apr 27, 2020
For clinicians working with clients who also abuse substances or suffer from process addictions, treatment can be really hard. If you are like many clinicians, you don’t feel able or willing to work with addictions.
Yet it doesn’t need to be. And it shouldn’t keep you from engaging the client in their overall healing.
Studies now show the connection and interplay of addiction and trauma – plus anxiety, mood disorders, and insomnia.
You can evoke change in all your clients to promote healthier coping and self-soothing skills besides substance use or process addictions.
But first, you need to master the current evidence-based practices from the worlds of both Addictions treatment and Trauma/PTSD interventions.
This Certified Addictions-Informed Mental Health Professional Training Course 2-day recording will transform your older practices when treating clients who use/abuse…clearing the path to true healing. Taught by an international trainer, clinician, AND recovery specialist Eric Gentry, PhD., you’ll receive all the following skills:
- Skills for assessing and diagnosing trauma/posttraumatic stress and addiction/substance abuse and dependence.
- Simplified treatment planning, monitoring, and measurement instruments.
- Skills for developing, enhancing and maintaining therapeutic relationships—the most potent factor for positive outcomes with this challenging population.
- A fresh perspective and utilization of the Polyvagal Theory (Porges) to both understand and treat both trauma and addiction simultaneously.
- Cutting-edge skills for developing and maintaining safety and stability with addicted survivors of trauma using cognitive, behavioral, somatic and relational approaches.
- Reframing “disease of addiction” as involuntary and unconscious posttraumatic patterns of self-defense where the survivor is chronically perceiving threat in contexts where there is little or no danger.
Best of all, this training meets the educational requirements when applying to become a Certified Addictions-Informed Professional (CAIMHP) through Evergreen Certifications. Certification lets colleagues, employers, and clients know that you’ve invested the extra time and effort necessary to understand the complexities of treating addictions in clients. Professional standards apply. Visit www.evergreencertifications.com/caimhp for to get started!
|Manual – Certified Addictions- Informed Mental Health Professional (27.5 MB)||167 Pages||Available after Purchase|
Foundational Issues in Addictions-Informed Psychotherapy
- Substance Abuse vs. dependency vs. addiction
- Biopsychosocial issues
- Neurobiology of addiction
- Attachment issues
- Causes of traumatic responses
- Ethical & legal issues
Chemical Dependency Facts You Need to Know
- Classes of commonly abused drugs
- Street names of common drugs
- Signs & symptoms of use & withdrawal
- Compulsive sexual behaviors
- Electronic addictions
Trauma Addiction: Assessment of Comorbid Trauma & Addiction
- What to ask—and how to ask it
- What to look for: Pink flags & red flags
- Recognize other co-occurring disorders
- Evidence-based assessment scales
Levels of Care & Treatment Selection
- Levels of treatment
- Medication-assisted treatment
- 12-step groups & alternatives
- Harm reduction strategies & when to use them
Three-Stage Behavioral Treatment Model for Co-Occurring Traumatic Stress and Addiction
Stage I: Build the Therapeutic Relationship & Boost Client Engagement
- Feedback Informed Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Co-regulation between you & your client
Stage II: Skills Development & Cognitive Restructuring Interventions
- Relational Skills/Social Engagement System
- Build & identify a support network
- Access & utilize support
- Service to others as therapeutic
- Regulation/Relaxation Skills
- Progressive muscle relaxation (PMR)
- Trauma releasing exercises (TRE)
- Bilateral stimulation
- Mindfulness for self-regulation
- Self-soothing for intense emotions
- Grounding Skills to Interrupt Dissociation
- Sensory grounding
- Mindful movement
- Seated yoga
- Containment Skills: Put away Intrusive Thoughts
- Envelope method
- Relational containment
- Cognitive restructuring interventions
- Foster post-traumatic growth & build resilience
- Complementary & alternative treatments
Stage III: Integration & Desensitization
- Imaginal Exposure Therapy
- Narrative-Driven Exposure Treatment
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT)
- PE (prolonged exposure)
- Trauma-focused CBT
- Somatic-Based Treatments
- Somatic Experiencing
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
- Trauma-Focused Yoga
- In-vivo Exposure
- Direct Therapeutic Exposure (DTE)
- Forward Facing Trauma Therapy (FFTT)
Interventions for Special Populations
- Children & adolescents
- LGBTQ clients
- Incarcerated clients
- Clients in court-ordered drug treatment
Eric Gentry, Ph.D., LMHC, is an internationally recognized leader in the field of disaster and clinical traumatology, having trained thousands of professionals and paraprofessionals worldwide in the treatment of traumatic stress. His doctorate is from Florida State University where he studied with Professor Charles Figley, one of the pioneers of traumatic stress. Dr. Gentry was one of the original faculty members of the Traumatology Institute and later became the co-director of the International Traumatology Institute at the University of Southern Florida. Dr. Gentry, along with Dr. Anna Baranowsky, is the co-author and co-owner of the Traumatology Institute Training Curriculum – 17 courses in field and clinical traumatology leading to seven separate certifications.
Dr. Gentry has been a clinical member of several CISM teams and has provided assistance in many different disaster and critical incidents including Oklahoma City, New York City, and hurricanes in Florida. He was the developer of the Community Crisis Support Team, which began in Tampa, Florida, and has become a model for communities to integrate mental health services into their disaster response network.
Dr. Gentry is the co-author of the critically acclaimed Trauma Practice: Tools for Stabilization and Recovery (Third Edition) (Hogrefe Publishing, 2014). His other books include Forward Facing Trauma Therapy (Compassion Unlimited, 2016) and the coauthored Trauma, PTSD, Grief & Loss: The 10 Core Competencies for Evidence-Based Treatment (PESI, 2017). Additionally, Dr. Gentry has published many research articles, book chapters, and periodicals in this maturing area of study.
Dr. Gentry has a private clinical and consulting practice and is adjunct faculty at many universities. He draws equally from his scientific study and from his rich history of 30+ years of clinical experience with trauma survivors to balance this training with current, empirically grounded information and experienced-based compassionate intervention skills. You will be challenged, inspired, and uplifted by Dr. Gentry and this unique training.
Financial: J. Eric Gentry receives compensation as Owner of Compassion Unlimited. He receives royalties as an author for Hogrefo & Huber Publishing. Dr. Gentry receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: J. Eric Gentry has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Here is a list of famous authors who have created online courses on topics at the website WSOBox. You can search by suggested author name: Dan Lok; Grant Cardone; Brian Tracy; Neil Patel; Tim Ferriss; Chris Guillebeau; Gary Vaynerchuk; Ramit Sethi; Tony Robbins; Seth Godin; Jordan Belfort; Sam Ovens; Amy Porterfield; Pat Flynn; Marie Forleo; Russell Brunson; Jeff Walker; Tai Lopez; Ryan Deiss; Noah Kagan; Anton Kreil; Nial Fuller; Steve Nison; Kathy Lien; Adam Khoo; Jason Stapleton; Andrei Knight; Navin Prithyani; Vic Noble; Andrew Weil; Mark Hyman; Michael Greger; Josh Axe; Sara Gottfried; Joel Fuhrman; Deepak Chopra; John Douillard; Dan Siegel; Gabor Maté; Richard Bandler; Tony Robbins; Dr. Steve G. Jones; Igor Ledochowski; Michael Breen; Paul McKenna; David Snyder; Tad James; John Grinder; Anthony Jacquin; …
Purchase the 2-Day -Certified Addictions-Informed Mental Health Professional -A Trauma-Focused Certification Course – J. Eric Gentry - course at WSOBox and embark on a journey to unlock a world of knowledge at the most competitive price. Once your purchase is complete, you'll gain immediate access to our downloads page, allowing you to download all associated course materials. Furthermore, we will promptly send you a download notification email directly to your inbox.
Our 2-Day -Certified Addictions-Informed Mental Health Professional -A Trauma-Focused Certification Course – J. Eric Gentry - courses have been meticulously crafted to empower you to reach your full potential and excel in your chosen field. Don't hesitate; take the initial stride towards greatness by acquiring our courses today. We are committed to providing a seamless and secure transaction experience, ensuring your peace of mind throughout the process.