Status: AVAILABLE – Download immediately
Salepage: Click HERE – Archive:
Languages: English; Combined file size: 6 Hours 10 Minutes; Included files: (Audio and Video)
- Melissa Westendorf
- 6 Hours 10 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Dec 11, 2020
The challenges you face are clear… If you are going to be successful in your practice, you need to adapt to your clients’ growing expectations of your technological competence. The problem is, technology is the most likely way you’ll get caught up in a legal and ethical nightmare!
Technology is changing fast. How can you keep up while protecting your professional liability and personal reputation?
Join technology wellness expert Dr. Melissa Westendorf for this essential and must-see recording. As a psychologist, attorney, and technology wellness expert, Dr. Westendorf is uniquely suited to handle the toughest questions about the legal and ethical challenges in technology today!
- Strategies to effectively use social media while navigating the numerous ethical challenges it poses
- How to avoid the serious legal landmines that are associated with email and text
- Best practices for your website and online advertising to attract customers and stay ethical
- How to have an effective distance therapy practice that is legally and ethically compliant
- Top legal mistakes to avoid with electronic record keeping
This is one program that no mental health professional can afford to pass up!
|Manual – A Complete Guide to Ethical & Legal Technology Challenges for Mental Health Professionals (8.58 MB)||139 Pages||Available after Purchase|
The Changing Landscape of Mental Health Today
- Keeping Up with Technology & Professional Liability Concerns
- Client Expectations – Are You Ethically and Legally Up to the Challenge?
Social Media and Online Advertising Ethical Challenges – (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and More!)
- Pros and Cons of Utilizing Social Media and Website In Your Practice
- Confidentiality and Privacy Issues (and How to Avoid Them)
- Boundary Issues – And How to Ethically Safeguard Yourself
- Advertising and Solicitation – Avoiding Ethical Pitfalls
- Creating Your Social Media Policies and Procedures
Email & Texting – The Legal Landmines of Electronic Communication
- Pros and Cons of Emailing and Texting With Clients
- Confidentiality/Inadvertent Disclosures – Legal Concerns
- Privacy Expectations of the Client and Maintaining Healthy Boundaries
- Creating Your Texting and Emailing Policies and Procedures
Telehealth – Avoiding Legal & Ethical Pitfalls
- Confidentiality/Privacy Concerns of Video Technology
- Practicing Across State Lines – Legal Issues and Insurance Challenges
- Client Expectations for Distance Therapy
- Creating Your Tele-Health Policies and Procedures
Electronic Records & Going Paperless – Top Mistakes to Avoid
- HIPAA – Electronic Records Legalities
- File Retention, Destruction and Security
- Cloud-Based Data – How, When and Why
- Paperless Office Software
What the Future Holds
- New Technology & What to Expect Next!
- Legal & Ethical Trends
Technology Wellness Center
Melissa Westendorf, Ph.D., J.D., is a clinical and forensic psychologist and founder of the Technology Wellness Center. As a clinician, she has provided therapy to adults and adolescents in the community and within the correctional setting. Dr. Westendorf’s forensic practice is dedicated to assessing adults and youth in either the criminal justice system or in civil matters. As a technology wellness expert, she is dedicated to assisting parents, children, adolescents, and adults on understanding the complexities of technology use and the impact on our brains, emotions, and interpersonal relationships. Dr. Westendorf’s legal training coupled with her clinical background enables her to work with individuals who are experiencing the legal ramifications of technology use.
As a proactive psychologist and educator, Dr. Westendorf is a keynote speaker at academic institutions, parent organizations, businesses, and community groups, offering preventative tools and resources that educate others on how to manage technology use in a healthy manner. She is the co-author of Unplug! Raising Kids in a Technology Addicted World. She has served on the Committee for Legal Issues for the American Psychological Association and on the Psychology Examining Board for the state of Wisconsin. Dr. Westendorf has been appointed as an expert in high profile legal cases, featuring the psychological ramifications of technology use. Her expertise has been relied upon in a wide variety of articles, podcasts, radio segments, and television programming. She has been featured on NPR (National Public Radio), Wisconsin Public Radio, and ABC’s 20/20. She is a monthly contributor to The Morning Blend.
Financial: Melissa Westendorf is a founder of the Technology Wellness Center. She is in private practice. Dr. Westendorf receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Melissa Westendorf is a member of the American Psychological Association.
Here is a list of famous authors who have created online courses on topics at the website WSOBox. You can search by suggested author name: Dan Lok; Grant Cardone; Brian Tracy; Neil Patel; Tim Ferriss; Chris Guillebeau; Gary Vaynerchuk; Ramit Sethi; Tony Robbins; Seth Godin; Jordan Belfort; Sam Ovens; Amy Porterfield; Pat Flynn; Marie Forleo; Russell Brunson; Jeff Walker; Tai Lopez; Ryan Deiss; Noah Kagan; Anton Kreil; Nial Fuller; Steve Nison; Kathy Lien; Adam Khoo; Jason Stapleton; Andrei Knight; Navin Prithyani; Vic Noble; Andrew Weil; Mark Hyman; Michael Greger; Josh Axe; Sara Gottfried; Joel Fuhrman; Deepak Chopra; John Douillard; Dan Siegel; Gabor Maté; Richard Bandler; Tony Robbins; Dr. Steve G. Jones; Igor Ledochowski; Michael Breen; Paul McKenna; David Snyder; Tad James; John Grinder; Anthony Jacquin; …
Purchase the A Complete Guide to Ethical & Legal Technology Challenges for Mental Health Professionals – Melissa Westendorf - course at WSOBox and embark on a journey to unlock a world of knowledge at the most competitive price. Once your purchase is complete, you'll gain immediate access to our downloads page, allowing you to download all associated course materials. Furthermore, we will promptly send you a download notification email directly to your inbox.
Our A Complete Guide to Ethical & Legal Technology Challenges for Mental Health Professionals – Melissa Westendorf - courses have been meticulously crafted to empower you to reach your full potential and excel in your chosen field. Don't hesitate; take the initial stride towards greatness by acquiring our courses today. We are committed to providing a seamless and secure transaction experience, ensuring your peace of mind throughout the process.