Status: AVAILABLE – Download immediately
Salepage: Click HERE – Archive:
Languages: English; Combined file size: 5 Hours 43 Minutes; Included files: (Audio and Video)
- Janine Halloran
- 5 Hours 43 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Apr 20, 2018
Managing the emotional climate of your classroom is crucial to learning. When children are struggling to manage anxiety, ADHD and anger, they can’t focus on the academic tasks expected of them in a classroom setting. By teaching kids simple, healthy and safe ways to express their emotions and calm their bodies, they will be better able to concentrate on their work during the school day. The positive impact healthy coping skills will have on a child’s academic performance is truly transformational.
In this seminar, we’ll learn how coping skills impact a student’s nervous system, and how to use that knowledge to help kids calm their bodies and get ready to learn. Join coping skills expert and experienced school counselor Janine Halloran, LMHC as she shows you coping skills and techniques ideal for a classroom.
- Walk away with a coping skills toolbox
- Deep breathing printables
- Check in sheets
- ”Anxiety thermometer”
- Relaxation exercises
- ”What’s your play personality?”
- And many more
Be prepared for experiential learning and movement as we try different coping skills like grounding techniques, breathing exercises, and big body movements throughout the workshop.
|Manual – Anxiety, ADHD and Anger in the Classroom (39.37 MB)||87 Pages||Available after Purchase|
Coping Skills Overview
- The autonomic nervous system & coping skills
- 4 types of coping skills: calming, physical, distraction and processing
- Coping skills checklist to identify current skills and strengths
- Preventative interventions
Skills and Strategies: Interactive Exercises
Deep Breathing – Beyond “Taking a Deep Breath”
- Props – pinwheels, bubbles, stuffed animals, Hoberman sphere
- Words – to encourage deep breaths, “smell the soup, cool down the soup”, etc.
- Shapes – star breathing, lazy 8 breathing, square breathing, triangle breathing
- Your Body – your hand, whole body movement
Coping Skills for Anxiety/Stress
- Mindfulness Practice – one mindful minute, spiderman mindfulness, audio and visual mindfulness scripts, Grounding Techniques – 54321 grounding, alphabet grounding
- Identifying and taming anxiety – take-home worksheets to help identify anxiety, including a thermometer for anxiety worksheet, “sources of stress” worksheet
Coping Skills for ADHD
- Plan movement and sensory breaks
- The importance of play, hobbies, and having fun: calming jars, fidgets, sand trays, zen gardens
- Coping skills for stress
- Manage stressful times – the importance of play, hobbies, and having fun
- Sensory Ideas – calming jars, fidgets, sand trays, zen gardens
Coping Skills for Anger/Frustration
- Small physical movement activities to manage frustration – squeezing play dough, scribble drawing, bubble wrap, ripping paper
- Big physical movement activities to manage anger – jumping jacks, running, wall push ups, obstacle courses, yoga
- Processing anger – comic strip processing, what I can control vs. what I can’t control worksheet
Practical Implementation Ideas for the Classroom or Office
- Make a coping skills toolkit for your room – fidgets, coping skills cue cards and other visuals to help, include distraction coping skills like word searches, hidden pictures. etc
- Creating a calm down spot/calm down room – identify a good spot, create an area that is peaceful and relaxing, include the coping skills toolkit
- Practice your own coping skills – mindfulness and self-care worksheet
Janine Halloran, is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor with over 17 years of experience working with children, teens and their families. She is the founder and CEO of Coping Skills for Kids, where she creates and curates tools & resources to help adults teach kids healthy ways to deal with stress, anxiety and anger. She is the author of the Coping Skills for Kids Workbook: Over 75 Coping Strategies to Help Kids Deal with Stress, Anxiety and Anger (PESI, 2018) and Social Skills for Kids: Over 75 Fun Games & Activities for Building Better Relationships, Problem Solving & Improving Communication (PESI, 2018). She is an NBC Parent Toolkit Expert and has written articles featured on their blog. In addition, she has written for several other publications, including Hey Sigmund, Confident Families Confident Kids and Bay State Parent Magazine. She’s worked in a variety of settings, including schools, residential programs and outpatient mental health facilities. She is in private practice and offers consultation.
Financial: Janine Halloran is in private practice. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Janine Halloran has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Here is a list of famous authors who have created online courses on topics at the website WSOBox. You can search by suggested author name: Dan Lok; Grant Cardone; Brian Tracy; Neil Patel; Tim Ferriss; Chris Guillebeau; Gary Vaynerchuk; Ramit Sethi; Tony Robbins; Seth Godin; Jordan Belfort; Sam Ovens; Amy Porterfield; Pat Flynn; Marie Forleo; Russell Brunson; Jeff Walker; Tai Lopez; Ryan Deiss; Noah Kagan; Anton Kreil; Nial Fuller; Steve Nison; Kathy Lien; Adam Khoo; Jason Stapleton; Andrei Knight; Navin Prithyani; Vic Noble; Andrew Weil; Mark Hyman; Michael Greger; Josh Axe; Sara Gottfried; Joel Fuhrman; Deepak Chopra; John Douillard; Dan Siegel; Gabor Maté; Richard Bandler; Tony Robbins; Dr. Steve G. Jones; Igor Ledochowski; Michael Breen; Paul McKenna; David Snyder; Tad James; John Grinder; Anthony Jacquin; …
Purchase the Anxiety, ADHD and Anger in the Classroom -60 Activity-Based Coping Skills to Effectively Manage “Big Feelings” – Janine Halloran - course at WSOBox and embark on a journey to unlock a world of knowledge at the most competitive price. Once your purchase is complete, you'll gain immediate access to our downloads page, allowing you to download all associated course materials. Furthermore, we will promptly send you a download notification email directly to your inbox.
Our Anxiety, ADHD and Anger in the Classroom -60 Activity-Based Coping Skills to Effectively Manage “Big Feelings” – Janine Halloran - courses have been meticulously crafted to empower you to reach your full potential and excel in your chosen field. Don't hesitate; take the initial stride towards greatness by acquiring our courses today. We are committed to providing a seamless and secure transaction experience, ensuring your peace of mind throughout the process.