Status: AVAILABLE – Download immediately
Salepage: Click HERE – Archive:
Languages: ; Combined file size: ; Included files: ()
- Topic Areas:
- Point/Counterpoint Session
- Evolution of Psychotherapy | Evolution of Psychotherapy 2013
- David Barlow, PhD | Francine Shapiro, PhD | Betty Alice Erickson, MS, LPC, LMFT
- 1 Hour 24 Minutes
- Audio Only
- Original Program Date :
- Dec 11, 2013
Neurotic disorders dominated the landscape of psychopathology for almost a century before dying a sudden and traumatic death in 1980 with the publication of the DSM III. Now researchers delineated empirically supported common dimensions shared by all anxiety, mood, and related emotional disorders, including higher order temperaments, mood distortions, and extensive patterns of avoidance. In this presentation Barlow suggests a new integrated diagnostic scheme and the identification of psychological treatment principles targeting temperament directly.
- List temperaments and key features that comprise the emotional disorders.
- Describe common therapeutic strategies to treat emotional disorders.
- List different emotional avoidance strategies.
*Sessions may be edited for content and to preserve confidentiality*
There are no reviews yet.