Status: AVAILABLE – Download immediately
Salepage: Click HERE – Archive:
Languages: ; Combined file size: ; Included files: ()
- Topic Areas:
- Speech | Multicultural
- Evolution of Psychotherapy | Evolution of Psychotherapy 2017
- Derald Wing Sue, PhD
- Course Levels:
- Master Degree or Higher in Health-Related Field
- Audio Only
- Original Program Date :
- Dec 15, 2017
Racial, gender, and LGBTQ micro aggressions are brief and commonplace daily verbal, behavioral or environmental indignities which communicate hostile, derogatory, or negative slights to targets. They are often reflections of implicit bias that are outside the level of conscious awareness of well-intentioned individuals. Nevertheless, they have been found to cause lowered subjective well-being in the lives of marginalized group members and may lead to mental health problems. Research indicates that clinicians and supervisors are often perpetrators of micro aggressions.
- Define and describe the types of micro-aggressions.
- Identify how micro aggressions lower subjective well-being and how they affect the mental health of marginalized groups in society.
- Describe how micro aggressions make their appearance in the therapist-client encounter.
- Name three strategies in diminishing the impact of micro aggressions.
*Sessions may be edited for content and to preserve confidentiality*