Status: AVAILABLE – Download immediately
Salepage: Click HERE – Archive:
Languages: ; Combined file size: ; Included files: ()
- Topic Areas:
- Speech | Erickson
- Learning Track – EP17 Erickson Download
- Evolution of Psychotherapy | Evolution of Psychotherapy 2017 | Evolution of Psychotherapy Erickson Learning Track
- Michael Yapko, PhD
- Audio Only
- Original Program Date :
- Dec 15, 2017
As advances are made in better understanding the power of focus in shaping one’s subjective perceptions and even physiology, the field of hypnosis has played an especially important role in this ongoing process of discovery. Despite too many clinicians’ terribly misinformed dismissal of hypnosis as little more than a gimmick, in fact hypnosis has evolved a strong scientific basis for its insights into neuroscience, cognition, suggestive language and information processing, placebo and nocebo responses, the therapeutic alliance, and more. Some of these insights and their clinical implications will be discussed.
- List and refute common misconceptions about hypnosis that may hinder optimal treatment outcomes.
- Assess the benefits of employing hypnosis as a complement to other established treatments.
- List and discuss the personal, interpersonal and situational variables that affect an individual’s level of hypnotic responsiveness.
*Sessions may be edited for content and to preserve confidentiality*
There are no reviews yet.