Status: AVAILABLE – Download immediately
Salepage: Click HERE – Archive:
Languages: ; Combined file size: ; Included files: ()
- Topic Areas:
- Short Course
- IC19 – All Audio
- Erickson Congress | Erickson Congress 2019
- Maria Escalante de Smith, MA
- 1 Hour
- Audio Only
- Original Program Date :
- Dec 12, 2019
Ericksonian Psychotherapy emphasizes the importance of utilization. When treating children, as therapists, we need to keep in mind that we also need to utilize whatever happens during therapy whether that can be a given behavior, if the child brings a toy for the consultation, their likes and also provide them with a wide array of resources they can access during therapy. In this short course, there will be reference to how children were treated when experiencing life challenging events such as serious diseases, family conflicts, and behavioral issues. During this course, attendants will also learn how Narrative Therapy was combined with Ericksonian techniques. There will also be reference to how “sung trances” were included as a part of the treatment where interspersed suggestions are part of the treatment with children sick with cancer as well as with autistic spectrum disorders. The use of toys as a means to build bridges between the therapy and the client’s home will be explained too. Attendants will also see how the use of toys during conversational trances can enhance the outcome of the therapeutic process where they were incorporated whilst working with children.
- Experiencing an Ericksonian Tai-Chi trance.
- Experiencing modern Satir stance dance.
- Learning exercises from Ericksonian, Virginia Satir, and Lao Tzu perspectives that help you to be flexible and transform anxiety into resources.
Germany language is about the precision of proper naming the experiences, Chinese language is about poetic feelings and relative context. Combined both, you will have abundant colors in your palette to deal with anxiety.
- Demonstrate how Ericksonian psychotherapy can be combined with Narrative therapy to improve the outcome of the therapeutic process.
- Demonstrate how “sung trances” can be used during therapy with special populations such as autistic children.
- List examples of how toys were included during hypnosis and conversational trances as well as for building bridges between therapy and clients’ homes.
*Sessions may be edited for content and to preserve confidentiality*
There are no reviews yet.