Status: AVAILABLE – Download immediately
Salepage: Click HERE – Archive:
Languages: English; Combined file size: 5 Hours 35 Minutes; Included files: (Audio and Video)
- Beth Eckerd
- 5 Hours 35 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Nov 30, 2016
Clinicians often struggle to develop an effective approach to counseling grief clients, due to the uniqueness of each individual’s grief. The last 10-15 years have seen an explosion of new research in the field and many new studies have turned what we thought we knew on its head. Another important and very practical issue involves diagnosis, as DSM-5® revisions affect the most commonly applied diagnoses for grief clients.
Explore this new research, including up-to-date information about appropriate diagnosis of grief clients in DSM-5®, ideas for how to assess grief severity and related constructs, and clarification about what is meant by “complicated grief” with Licensed Psychologist and Certified Thanatologist, Dr. Beth Eckerd. Review the most commonly used current models for understanding grief and leave with tools, including 20 interventions, to more confidently assist clients in navigating the adaptive, yet confusing and difficult, grief process. The seminar will end with a focus on self-care, discussing how to appropriately manage and care for ourselves in this demanding, yet fulfilling, work.
|Manual – Counseling Grief Clients (1.45 MB)||119 Pages||Available after Purchase|
WHAT RESEARCH TELLS US ABOUT GRIEF
- The cost of loving and caring
- Models for understanding grief
- Older, familiar models
- The “griefwork” hypothesis
- Kubler-Ross stages
- Current theories and approaches
- Attachment theory
- Phase and task models
- Meaning reconstruction
- Dual process model
- Continuing bonds
- Older, familiar models
- Emotional and cognitive expressions
- Physical manifestations
- Behavioral expressions
- Social behaviors and societal reactions
- Predictors and mediators of the experience
- Background: grief is highly individual
- Personality and other vulnerability factors
- Who died; quality of relationship
- Social, contextual, and cultural influences
- Mode of death
- Other influences
- Non-death losses
ASSISTING OUR CLIENTS THROUGH THE JOURNEY OF GRIEF
- Grief counseling
- How is it different from other types of counseling?
- Who often benefits (and who may not)?
- Components of a general approach
- The 3 Rogerian conditions
- Power of presence
- Being a companion/therapist for your grief clients
- Cross-cultural and other diversity considerations
- Dealing with emotional intensity
- Grief vs. trauma
- When clients’ grief is disenfranchised
- Working with couples or families who have experienced the “same” loss
- Preparing for grief “spikes”
- Post-traumatic growth
WHEN GRIEF BECOMES COMPLICATED
- Common trajectories for grief
- What is “complicated” grief and how do you recognize it?
- Risk factors for complicated grief
- Overview of treatments for complicated grief
ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS OF GRIEF-RELATED SYMPTOMS
- How to differentiate between depression, grief, and PTSD
- Persistent Complex Bereavement Disorder
- Use of Adjustment Disorder diagnosis with grief clients
- Measurement/assessment of grief
BEING A GRIEF COUNSELOR
- The risks and joys of this work
- Training opportunities in this field
Beth Eckerd, J.D., Ph.D., is an experienced educator who has taught undergraduate and graduate level psychology and counseling courses for over 10 years. Her teaching and research focus has been on grief, diagnosis, personality and psychopathology, death education, and counseling. This combination led to her avid interest in the DSM-5®’s revision process. In addition to her faculty responsibilities, Dr. Eckerd presents to professional groups on DSM-5®’s overall changes as well as specifically on DSM® diagnosis of grief-related symptomatology. She has recently co-authored a chapter entitled “When is grief ‘abnormal’? The changing approach to grief in the DSM,” as well as articles in Death Studies and other journals. Beth has shared her grief expertise on the radio and the Internet as well.
Dr. Eckerd is an associate professor at Humboldt State University in Arcata, CA, and a licensed psychologist. Her style includes equal parts of knowledge, organization, and humor, which establishes an enjoyable environment for audience engagement and learning.
Financial: Lizabeth Eckerd is an Associate Professor of Psychology at the Humboldt State University. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Lizabeth Eckerd has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Here is a list of famous authors who have created online courses on topics at the website WSOBox. You can search by suggested author name: Dan Lok; Grant Cardone; Brian Tracy; Neil Patel; Tim Ferriss; Chris Guillebeau; Gary Vaynerchuk; Ramit Sethi; Tony Robbins; Seth Godin; Jordan Belfort; Sam Ovens; Amy Porterfield; Pat Flynn; Marie Forleo; Russell Brunson; Jeff Walker; Tai Lopez; Ryan Deiss; Noah Kagan; Anton Kreil; Nial Fuller; Steve Nison; Kathy Lien; Adam Khoo; Jason Stapleton; Andrei Knight; Navin Prithyani; Vic Noble; Andrew Weil; Mark Hyman; Michael Greger; Josh Axe; Sara Gottfried; Joel Fuhrman; Deepak Chopra; John Douillard; Dan Siegel; Gabor Maté; Richard Bandler; Tony Robbins; Dr. Steve G. Jones; Igor Ledochowski; Michael Breen; Paul McKenna; David Snyder; Tad James; John Grinder; Anthony Jacquin; …
Purchase the Counseling Grief Clients -Practical Interventions from New Theoretical Insights – Beth Eckerd - course at WSOBox and embark on a journey to unlock a world of knowledge at the most competitive price. Once your purchase is complete, you'll gain immediate access to our downloads page, allowing you to download all associated course materials. Furthermore, we will promptly send you a download notification email directly to your inbox.
Our Counseling Grief Clients -Practical Interventions from New Theoretical Insights – Beth Eckerd - courses have been meticulously crafted to empower you to reach your full potential and excel in your chosen field. Don't hesitate; take the initial stride towards greatness by acquiring our courses today. We are committed to providing a seamless and secure transaction experience, ensuring your peace of mind throughout the process.