Status: AVAILABLE – Download immediately
Salepage: Click HERE – Archive:
Languages: English; Combined file size: 6 Hours 10 Minutes; Included files: (Audio and Video)
- David John Lee
- 6 Hours 10 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Mar 20, 2020
A Message from Your Speaker
I was raised in Vancouver, British Columbia, during an era when Canadians embraced the value of being a multicultural nation. I remember in college spending a semester studying French in Quebec City and experiencing what it is like to be a “fish out of water.” When I moved to the United States as a graduate student to study cross-cultural counseling, I had to learn how Americans think about diversity.
Now, after 35 years of research, teaching, consulting, and clinical work in the USA, I have a keen understanding of the challenges of providing mental health services in a multicultural and diverse society.
In this recording I will outline the knowledge, awareness and skills that clinicians should develop in order to work ethically, efficiently, and effectively with people from different cultures and ethnic groups. Your confidence will grow as you learn:
- The challenges of cultural competency
- The need to build rapport and anticipate points of possible resistance
- Empirically-validated self-assessments to evaluate your strengths and growth areas, as well as design a professional development plan
You may just want to watch this seminar to receive 3 CE hours of cultural competency and 3.25 CE hours of ethics. But, I guarantee you will leave with so much more. This highly engaging and experiential program will challenge you to explore the intersection of your belief systems with your clinical work, and allows you to become more confident as a culturally sensitive clinician.
Gain a reputation in your community for being the premier therapist for working with diverse clients!
|Manual – Cultural Competency (2.2 MB)||39 Pages||Available after Purchase|
Cultural Competencies in Mental Health
- Evidence-based approach to cultural competence
- Trends in specific locale: variation and mental health needs
- Exercise: The universal, cultural, and individual
Ethics & the DSM-5®: Guidelines for the Integration of Cultural Competencies
- Cross-cultural variations in presentations
- Cultural concepts of distress
- DSM-5® cultural formulation
- Cultural factors influencing clients’ perspectives of their symptoms and treatment options
- Ethical standards for culturally competent practice
Overcome Dilemmas in Practice
- Working with limited English proficiency and bi/multilingual clients
- When to use an interpreter
- Distinguish cultural and racial factors in mental health care
- Recognize intersections of gender, race, age, ethnicity, religion, class, etc.
- Anticipate possible points of transference and resistance
- Exercise: Analyze intersecting identities and positionalities
Interventions & Strategies for Specific Populations
- Overview of trauma in cultural context
- Assessments and tools
- Medication: use and belief system
- Collaborate with traditional and/or natural healing practices
- Integrate and adapt interventions for different clients
- Individualist versus collectivist adjustments
- Cognitive-behavioral modifications
- Psychodynamic variations
- Exercise: Broaching culture, ethnicity, and race
Limitations of Research and Potential Risks:
- Methodology and sampling
- Internal validity of design
- Generalizability of results
- Applications and utility
D. John Lee, Ph.D., is a licensed psychologist working for CHE Behavioral Health Services who provides psychological services to residents of a variety of assisted-living and residential care facilities. He has served as Senior Psychologist and Employee Assistance Program Coordinator at New Mexico State University’s Aggie Health and Wellness Center, and the Coordinator of the Multi-Ethnic Counseling Center Alliance (MECCA) at Michigan State University’s Counseling Center. Dr. Lee provided crisis intervention, individual and group therapy, supervision, consultation, psychoeducation, outreach and advocacy for marginalized student populations. He also facilitated doctoral seminars on culturally competent and racially responsive assessment and treatment for the Centers’ APA-approved internships in professional and integrated health service psychology. Dr. Lee has worked in private practice, outpatient clinics and university counseling centers for 22 years.
Dr. Lee is a dynamic presenter and storyteller, and holds a certificate as an Action Methods Facilitator from the Michigan Psychodrama Institute. He has been a keynote speakier and consultant for over 100 universities, colleges, public agencies, and private companies throughout the United States and Canada. Dr. Lee has degrees from the University of British Columbia, Western Washington University, and Kansas State University. He has edited five books and contributed several articles to professional and scholarly journals. John was born and raised in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, and now lives in Buffalo, NY.
Financial: D. John Lee is in private practice. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: D. John Lee has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Here is a list of famous authors who have created online courses on topics at the website WSOBox. You can search by suggested author name: Dan Lok; Grant Cardone; Brian Tracy; Neil Patel; Tim Ferriss; Chris Guillebeau; Gary Vaynerchuk; Ramit Sethi; Tony Robbins; Seth Godin; Jordan Belfort; Sam Ovens; Amy Porterfield; Pat Flynn; Marie Forleo; Russell Brunson; Jeff Walker; Tai Lopez; Ryan Deiss; Noah Kagan; Anton Kreil; Nial Fuller; Steve Nison; Kathy Lien; Adam Khoo; Jason Stapleton; Andrei Knight; Navin Prithyani; Vic Noble; Andrew Weil; Mark Hyman; Michael Greger; Josh Axe; Sara Gottfried; Joel Fuhrman; Deepak Chopra; John Douillard; Dan Siegel; Gabor Maté; Richard Bandler; Tony Robbins; Dr. Steve G. Jones; Igor Ledochowski; Michael Breen; Paul McKenna; David Snyder; Tad James; John Grinder; Anthony Jacquin; …
Purchase the Cultural Competency & Diversity -Powerful Strategies to Improve Client Rapport & Multicultural Awareness – David John Lee - course at WSOBox and embark on a journey to unlock a world of knowledge at the most competitive price. Once your purchase is complete, you'll gain immediate access to our downloads page, allowing you to download all associated course materials. Furthermore, we will promptly send you a download notification email directly to your inbox.
Our Cultural Competency & Diversity -Powerful Strategies to Improve Client Rapport & Multicultural Awareness – David John Lee - courses have been meticulously crafted to empower you to reach your full potential and excel in your chosen field. Don't hesitate; take the initial stride towards greatness by acquiring our courses today. We are committed to providing a seamless and secure transaction experience, ensuring your peace of mind throughout the process.