Status: AVAILABLE – Download immediately
Salepage: Click HERE – Archive:
Languages: English; Combined file size: 2.3 GB; Included files: 2 mp4, 1 pdf (mp4,pdf)
- Enhance your client’s capability to change
- Innovative and creative ways to teach DBT skills
- DBT skills training presented in a way you can understand them! – for all clincians!
By popular demand, you can now learn “just the skills”.
You don’t have to be a Dialectical Behavior (DBT) therapist for your clients to benefit from the DBT skills. Learn 85 DBT skills in this recording.
This recording is intended for any therapist, from expert to novice, practicing any model of treatment – from psychodynamic, humanistic, cognitive behavioral, and more. You and your clients can benefit from learning 85 practical DBT skills.
Designed to enhance the client’s capabilities to change, dialectical behavior therapy teaches clients four major sets of life skills:
- Core Mindfulness Skills (what do you do and how do you become mindful)
- Distress Tolerance Skills (crisis survival skills)
- Emotion Regulation Skills (increasing emotions to feel that life is worth living)
- Interpersonal Effectiveness Skills (assertiveness training while maintaining relationships and self-respect)
DBT skills training is considered the easiest mode to implement in a variety of settings. These skills are now being taught to clients who suffer from self-harm, treatment-resistant depression, eating disorders, substance abuse and addiction – in addition to borderline personality disorder.
Watch Dr. Vaughn and learn how to pick and choose which skills are the most appropriate for your client population and how to teach them. The research now informs us that DBT skills alone work.
Stephanie Vaughn, Psy.D., Clinical Psychologist-HSP, is not affiliated or associated with Marsha M. Linehan, PhD, ABPP, or her organizations.
- Integrate the theory and techniques of DBT into your clinical practice.
- Teach DBT skills in the areas of mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotional regulation and interpersonal effectiveness.
- Integrate DBT skills for individual and group therapy treatment.
- Utilize DBT skills for treating mental health symptoms, chemical dependency and complex co-morbidity.
- Demonstrate mindfulness techniques to make mindfulness more understandable and acceptable to clients.
- Articulate a variety of strategies for teaching DBT skills to clients.
- Recommend how to seamlessly integrate DBT skills into individual therapy.
- Discriminate the DBT model from cognitive behavioral, client-centered, and other treatment modalities.
- Practice a multi-layered approach to validation of clients’ thoughts and feelings.
- Demonstrate the distress tolerance skills that will help clients survive crisis situations and learn how to not act on urges.
- Communicate interpersonal effectiveness skills and the importance of increasing and maintaining positive relationships in clients’ lives.
- Demonstrate through discussion and exercises how to bring the DBT skills into a treatment plan to move the client toward behavior change(s)
- Overview of Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Why Dialectics and what does that mean anyway?
- Common “Dialectical Dilemmas”
- Current research on using DBT skills portion of full DBT program
- Core DBT Skills Training
- Demographics and structure
- Rules of DBT Skills Training Group
- Targets of DBT Skills Training Group
- Roles of facilitators
- Mindfulness Skills
- Become more mindful of thoughts, feelings and urges and acting with intuition
- Decrease the amount of judgments clients make about themselves and others
- Participating and “throwing yourself in” (with a wise mind of course)
- Skills: Observe, describe, participate
- Distress Tolerance Skills
- Tolerate and survive a crisis (without making it worse)
- “Distract” themselves in their attempts to regulate their emotions
- “Radically Accepting” the crisis as it is and letting go of the struggle
- Self-soothing the five senses in times of a crisis
- Skills: TIPP, STOP
- Wise Mind ACCEPTS
- Interpersonal Effectiveness Skills
- Skills to help clients make requests and say NO (and have it stick)
- Teaching clients how to improve and attend to relationships
- Self-respect in the client and the respect others have for them
- Skills acronyms: DEAR MAN, GIVE, FAST
- 6 levels of validation in DBT
- Emotion Regulation Skills
- Regulate or even change intense emotions
- Decrease emotional vulnerability
- Skills: Check the Facts, Opposite Action, Cope Ahead
- Special Population: Skills for ANY Addiction
- Dialectical abstinence
- Urge surfing
- Pros and cons
- Alternative rebellion
- Avoiding cues & triggers
Please Note: PESI is not affiliated or associated with Marsha M. Linehan, PhD, ABPP, or her organizations.
Here is a list of famous authors who have created online courses on topics at the website WSOBox. You can search by suggested author name: Dan Lok; Grant Cardone; Brian Tracy; Neil Patel; Tim Ferriss; Chris Guillebeau; Gary Vaynerchuk; Ramit Sethi; Tony Robbins; Seth Godin; Jordan Belfort; Sam Ovens; Amy Porterfield; Pat Flynn; Marie Forleo; Russell Brunson; Jeff Walker; Tai Lopez; Ryan Deiss; Noah Kagan; Anton Kreil; Nial Fuller; Steve Nison; Kathy Lien; Adam Khoo; Jason Stapleton; Andrei Knight; Navin Prithyani; Vic Noble; Andrew Weil; Mark Hyman; Michael Greger; Josh Axe; Sara Gottfried; Joel Fuhrman; Deepak Chopra; John Douillard; Dan Siegel; Gabor Maté; Richard Bandler; Tony Robbins; Dr. Steve G. Jones; Igor Ledochowski; Michael Breen; Paul McKenna; David Snyder; Tad James; John Grinder; Anthony Jacquin; …
Purchase the Dialectical Behavior Therapy: 85 Core DBT Skills Training – Stephanie Vaughn - course at WSOBox and embark on a journey to unlock a world of knowledge at the most competitive price. Once your purchase is complete, you'll gain immediate access to our downloads page, allowing you to download all associated course materials. Furthermore, we will promptly send you a download notification email directly to your inbox.
Our Dialectical Behavior Therapy: 85 Core DBT Skills Training – Stephanie Vaughn - courses have been meticulously crafted to empower you to reach your full potential and excel in your chosen field. Don't hesitate; take the initial stride towards greatness by acquiring our courses today. We are committed to providing a seamless and secure transaction experience, ensuring your peace of mind throughout the process.