Status: AVAILABLE – Download immediately
Salepage: Click HERE – Archive:
Languages: English; Combined file size: 2 Hours 51 Minutes; Included files: (Audio and Video)
- Frederic G. Reamer
- 2 Hours 51 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Dec 31, 2019
Some tough ethical situations can’t be taught in school. They can only be learned through personal experience or from hearing of others’ personal experiences.
This recording will teach you how to manage 10 of the most challenging ethical situations a mental health professional can face. These real-world issues are the greatest liability and licensing board threats and arise far more frequently than most realize.
Purchase today and:
- Learn How to Recognize and Avoid the Most Challenging Ethical Traps
- Hear Case Studies that Provide Examples of What to Do and What Not to Do
- Obtain Tips and Techniques that Can Be Implemented to Prevent Ethical Malpractice
- Learn from a Colleague Who Has Served as an Expert Witness in hundreds of Court and Licensing Board Cases Nationwide
|Manual – Ethics: Top 10 Mistakes Made by Mental Health Professionals (566.3 KB)
|Available after Purchase
How Would You Handle These Ethical Challenges?
1) Failure to Protect Confidentiality
- Scenario – A clinical psychologist disclosed clinical records in response to a subpoena without proper authorization.
2) Not Properly Balancing Minors & Parents Rights
- Scenario – The mother of a 15-yearold client requested a full copy of the psychotherapist’s notes.
3) Self-Disclosure – A Slippery Slope
- Scenario – A client in an addictions treatment program asked his clinician whether he is in recovery and who he voted for in the last presidential election.
4) Challenging Dual Relationship Traps
- Scenario – The clients of a marriage and family therapist offered her the free use of their vacation home.
5) Sticky Financial Issues – Billing, Fees and Gifts
- Scenario – A client who was an unemployed painter had a large unpaid counseling bill and offered to paint the counselor’s home to pay off the debt.
6) Duty to Warn – When to AND When Not to
- Scenario – A clinical social worker in a mental health center counseled a client who made threats against an unidentified estranged partner.
7) Inadequate Informed Consent
- Scenario – A clinical psychologist provided distance counseling services to a client who filed a licensing board complaint alleging substandard informed consent protocols.
8) Social Media Common Ethical Challenges
- Scenario – A case manager in a mental health agency received a Facebook “friend” request from a client with whom he often exchanged text messages using a messaging app that is not HIPAA compliant.
9) Distance Counseling
- Scenario – The client of an addictions counselor in private practice moved to another state and asked the counselor to continue providing services to him using Skype and text messaging.
10) Complex Documentation Decisions
- Scenario – The client of a mental health counselor divulged that he had committed a murder several years earlier while under the influence of illegal substances.
Rhode Island College
Frederic G. Reamer, PhD, has been a professor in the graduate program of the School of Social Work, Rhode Island College, Providence, Rhode Island, for over 30 years. Dr. Reamer received his PhD from the University of Chicago and has served as a social worker in correctional and mental health settings. He chaired the national task force that wrote the current National Association of Social Worker’s Code of Ethics.
Dr. Reamer lectures both nationally and internationally on the subjects of professional ethics and professional malpractice and liability. In addition to ethics, his research and teaching have addressed a wide range of human service issues, including mental health, health care, criminal justice, and public welfare. Dr. Reamer has conducted extensive research on professional ethics and has been involved in several national research projects sponsored by The Hastings Center, Carnegie Corporation, Haas Foundation, and Center for Bioethics of the University of Pennsylvania.
He is the author of chapters on professional ethics in the Encyclopedia of Social Work, the Encyclopedia of Bioethics, and the Encyclopedia of Applied Ethics, and is the author of many books, including: Risk Management in Social Work: Preventing Professional Malpractice, Liability, and Disciplinary Action; Boundary Issues and Dual Relationships in the Human Services; The Social Work Ethics Audit: A Risk Management Tool and his latest, On the Parole Board: Reflections on Crime, Punishment, Redemption, and Justice.
Financial: Frederic Reamer is a Professor, School of Social Work, for Rhode Island College.
Non-financial: Frederic Reamer is a member of the National Association of Social Workers.
Here is a list of famous authors who have created online courses on topics at the website WSOBox. You can search by suggested author name: Dan Lok; Grant Cardone; Brian Tracy; Neil Patel; Tim Ferriss; Chris Guillebeau; Gary Vaynerchuk; Ramit Sethi; Tony Robbins; Seth Godin; Jordan Belfort; Sam Ovens; Amy Porterfield; Pat Flynn; Marie Forleo; Russell Brunson; Jeff Walker; Tai Lopez; Ryan Deiss; Noah Kagan; Anton Kreil; Nial Fuller; Steve Nison; Kathy Lien; Adam Khoo; Jason Stapleton; Andrei Knight; Navin Prithyani; Vic Noble; Andrew Weil; Mark Hyman; Michael Greger; Josh Axe; Sara Gottfried; Joel Fuhrman; Deepak Chopra; John Douillard; Dan Siegel; Gabor Maté; Richard Bandler; Tony Robbins; Dr. Steve G. Jones; Igor Ledochowski; Michael Breen; Paul McKenna; David Snyder; Tad James; John Grinder; Anthony Jacquin; …
Purchase the Ethics -Top 10 Mistakes Made by Mental Health Professionals – Frederic G. Reamer course at WSOBox and embark on a journey to unlock a world of knowledge at the most competitive price. Once your purchase is complete, you'll gain immediate access to our downloads page, allowing you to download all associated course materials. Furthermore, we will promptly send you a download notification email directly to your inbox.
Our Ethics -Top 10 Mistakes Made by Mental Health Professionals – Frederic G. Reamer courses have been meticulously crafted to empower you to reach your full potential and excel in your chosen field. Don't hesitate; take the initial stride towards greatness by acquiring our courses today. We are committed to providing a seamless and secure transaction experience, ensuring your peace of mind throughout the process.