Salepage: Click HERE – Archive:
Falls and subsequent injuries are an ongoing issue in healthcare and we as clinicians need to know how to intervene to not only treat falls, but also to prevent them before they happen.
During this course you will get the most up-to-date, clinically-relevant evaluation and treatment techniques for improving balance in geriatric and neurologically impaired individuals. A key focus is on learning to select and use the most appropriate tools for assessing balance/risk of falls and evaluating function. You will examine the relationship between cognition, the sensory system and all the musculo-skeletal aspects that impact on balance and fall risk. This will improve your clinical skills in assessment of high-risk fall patients. Providing appropriate pre-(minimizing the risks) and post-fall interventions is very critical to FALL PREVENTION.
Assessment of Multiple Dimensions of Balance, Mobility and Fall Risk
Three Classifications of Falls
- Unanticipated physiological falls
- Anticipated physiological falls
Balance Dysfunction and Falls: Contributing Factors
- The vestibular system
- Somatosensory system
- Muscular strength and joint flexibility
- Endurance, fatigue and fitness level
- Intrinsic risk factors
- Extrinsic risk factors
- Methods for reducing risk factors
- Practical suggestions
- Home safety checklist
- Health and safety checklist
- Fall predictors
Balance, Mobility and Fall Risk Assessment Tools: Individualized Options
- Functional Reach Test
- Tinetti Balance Assessment Tool
- Berg Balance Scale
- Functional Gait Assessment
- The Timed Up and Go Test
- Three and Six Minute Walk Tests
- Full Evaluation of ROM, Flexibility, Muscle Strength and Tone
Effective Interventions to Improve Balance & Mobility and Reduce Fall Risk
Consequences of a Fall
- Physical consequences
- Social consequences
- Psychological consequences
- Strategies to Maintain and Restore Balance
The Normal Gait Cycle
Gait Training When it Has Gone Awry
- Considerations for assistive devices and orthotics
- Benefits & specifics for balance, ROM, strength and gait
- Equipment for clinics and home use
- Program design
- Safety reminders
- Home exercise program
- Environmental Modification/Home Evaluation
Post-Fall Assessment and Problem Solving Prevention
- Fall risk identification
Problem Solving After a Fall Occurs
- Investigation process
- Plan of action
- Corrective and preventative measures
- Develop community-based fall prevention programs for older adults
Overcoming Barriers to Effective Strategy Implementation
- Cognitive barriers
- Family barriers
- Facility staff/Caregiver barriers
Medicare and Documentation Considerations
Interactive Lab Time: Assessment Tools and Intervention Strategies in Practice
- Identify the most challenging fall predictors to be able to put in place a fall prevention plan.
- Explore current evidence-based therapeutics and research in movement strategies for geriatric and neurologically impaired individuals.
- Determine the most effective evaluation techniques for the highest risk populations you see in practice.
- Choose the best strategies for fall prevention based on individualized assessment.
- Incorporate the most appropriate functional balance testing tools for specific settings.
- Differentiate between various types of therapeutic interventions, including: gait training, exercise, assistive devices and orthotics as appropriate.
- Develop a comprehensive balance training and fall risk reduction program for individuals with balance dysfunction.
Here is a list of famous authors who have created online courses on topics at the website WSOBox. You can search by suggested author name: Dan Lok; Grant Cardone; Brian Tracy; Neil Patel; Tim Ferriss; Chris Guillebeau; Gary Vaynerchuk; Ramit Sethi; Tony Robbins; Seth Godin; Jordan Belfort; Sam Ovens; Amy Porterfield; Pat Flynn; Marie Forleo; Russell Brunson; Jeff Walker; Tai Lopez; Ryan Deiss; Noah Kagan; Anton Kreil; Nial Fuller; Steve Nison; Kathy Lien; Adam Khoo; Jason Stapleton; Andrei Knight; Navin Prithyani; Vic Noble; Andrew Weil; Mark Hyman; Michael Greger; Josh Axe; Sara Gottfried; Joel Fuhrman; Deepak Chopra; John Douillard; Dan Siegel; Gabor Maté; Richard Bandler; Tony Robbins; Dr. Steve G. Jones; Igor Ledochowski; Michael Breen; Paul McKenna; David Snyder; Tad James; John Grinder; Anthony Jacquin; …
Purchase the Fall Prevention: Assessment and Intervention Strategies to Care for High-Risk Fall Patients – Michel Janet (Shelly) Denes - course at WSOBox and embark on a journey to unlock a world of knowledge at the most competitive price. Once your purchase is complete, you'll gain immediate access to our downloads page, allowing you to download all associated course materials. Furthermore, we will promptly send you a download notification email directly to your inbox.
Our Fall Prevention: Assessment and Intervention Strategies to Care for High-Risk Fall Patients – Michel Janet (Shelly) Denes - courses have been meticulously crafted to empower you to reach your full potential and excel in your chosen field. Don't hesitate; take the initial stride towards greatness by acquiring our courses today. We are committed to providing a seamless and secure transaction experience, ensuring your peace of mind throughout the process.