Status: AVAILABLE – Download immediately
Salepage: Click HERE – Archive:
Languages: English; Combined file size: ; Included files: ()
What you’ll learn
- Understand what cognitive biases are and why they’re so important for critical thinking.
- Understand the concept of “mindware” as a component of improving critical thinking and reasoning.
- Understand how ignoring cognitive biases can open the door to disastrous decisions, reduced performance and social injustice.
- Understand why many businesses and industries are offering cognitive bias training to their managers and employees.
- Be able to describe several important cognitive biases — such as confirmation bias, pattern-seeking, anchoring, and hindsight bias — and give examples that illustrate how they operate.
- Understand what “debiasing” is, and be able to describe several effective strategies for reducing the harmful effects of cognitive biases.
- Explain why many businesses and organizations resist implementing debiasing strategies.
Students do not need any special background to benefit from this course. Just a willingness to think, learn and discuss!
Critical thinking is one of the most important skills anyone can learn. Let philosopher Kevin deLaplante introduce you to the cutting edge of critical thinking education, with this entertaining and enlightening introduction to cognitive biases and their importance for critical thinking.
Interest in Cognitive Bias Training Has Exploded
Books and articles on the impact of cognitive biases in business, finance, management, teaching, science, politics, and many other fields, have exploded in popularity in recent years. Many industries have started offering cognitive bias training to management and workers, and the trend is growing.
Benefits of Understanding and Mastering Cognitive Biases
Cognitive biases undermine critical thinking by making us vulnerable to faulty beliefs and bad decisions. Cognitive bias training is motivated by a desire to avoid disasters, improve performance, and promote social justice.
The good news is that there are proven strategies for neutralizing or minimizing the negative effects of cognitive biases. These “debiasing” techniques can be surprisingly simple and effective.
What You Will Learn in This Course
This course will get you up to speed on what cognitive biases are, why they’re important for critical thinking, why cognitive bias training has become popular, and what sorts of “debiasing” techniques have been shown to be effective in improving the quality of thinking and decision-making.
Check out the free preview videos in the “Getting Started” section for a full breakdown of the topics covered in the course, and how the course is organized!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is interested in improving their critical thinking skills.
- Anyone who wants to learn about what psychology has taught us about human judgment and decision-making over the past forty years.
- Anyone working in business or other organizations who wants to improve the quality of thinking and decision-making in their organization.
13 sections • 50 lectures • 2h 26m total length
- Getting Started
- What is a Cognitive Bias?
- Cognitive Biases and Their Importance for Critical Thinking
- Why Are So Many Industries Offering Cognitive Bias Training To Their Employees?
- A Gentle Introduction to Cognitive Biases
- (1)Confirmation Bias
- (2)Pattern Seeking
- (3)The Anchoring Effect
- (4)Hindsight Bias
- Introduction to Debiasing Strategies
- Why Businesses Often Resist Debiasing
- Debiasing Strategies that Work
- Wrapping Up
Here is a list of famous authors who have created online courses on topics at the website WSOBox. You can search by suggested author name: Dan Lok; Grant Cardone; Brian Tracy; Neil Patel; Tim Ferriss; Chris Guillebeau; Gary Vaynerchuk; Ramit Sethi; Tony Robbins; Seth Godin; Jordan Belfort; Sam Ovens; Amy Porterfield; Pat Flynn; Marie Forleo; Russell Brunson; Jeff Walker; Tai Lopez; Ryan Deiss; Noah Kagan; Anton Kreil; Nial Fuller; Steve Nison; Kathy Lien; Adam Khoo; Jason Stapleton; Andrei Knight; Navin Prithyani; Vic Noble; Andrew Weil; Mark Hyman; Michael Greger; Josh Axe; Sara Gottfried; Joel Fuhrman; Deepak Chopra; John Douillard; Dan Siegel; Gabor Maté; Richard Bandler; Tony Robbins; Dr. Steve G. Jones; Igor Ledochowski; Michael Breen; Paul McKenna; David Snyder; Tad James; John Grinder; Anthony Jacquin; …
Purchase the Master Cognitive Biases and Improve Your Critical Thinking – Kevin deLaplante course at WSOBox and embark on a journey to unlock a world of knowledge at the most competitive price. Once your purchase is complete, you'll gain immediate access to our downloads page, allowing you to download all associated course materials. Furthermore, we will promptly send you a download notification email directly to your inbox.
Our Master Cognitive Biases and Improve Your Critical Thinking – Kevin deLaplante courses have been meticulously crafted to empower you to reach your full potential and excel in your chosen field. Don't hesitate; take the initial stride towards greatness by acquiring our courses today. We are committed to providing a seamless and secure transaction experience, ensuring your peace of mind throughout the process.