Status: AVAILABLE – Download immediately
Salepage: Click HERE – Archive:
Languages: English; Combined file size: 5 Hours 29 Minutes; Included files: (Audio and Video)
- David Lemke
- 5 Hours 29 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Jul 13, 2018
Clinicians understand that lasting pain relief and truly improved fitness depend on core stability and peripheral mobility. But long-term results are elusive! It is generally agreed that to have peripheral mobility, you must have core stability. Functional exercise is any exercise which acknowledges this and engages the body for this express purpose.
Observe how EMG explores the primary defensive bias governing the Central Nervous System, the body’s true Core. Once we have observed this bias, which we’ll call the “Twist,” we discuss how it leads to the most common functional problems. Rather than focusing on targeting areas for strength or stability, participants learn to correct movement dysfunction by directing appropriate exercise toward the CNS. These methods can be easily learned and applied by athletic trainers and related health and fitness professionals, massage therapists, physical and occupational therapists – anyone who uses exercise as part or all of their program. You will complete this recording equipped with new knowledge and strategies to help move clients and patients through the vital steps toward lasting function: improved balance, coordination, and effortless posture.
|Manual – (Re)Defining the Core (4.50 MB)||63 Pages||Available after Purchase|
VITAL DEFINITIONS: ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS OF CORE COMMUNICATION
- Correctly defining the CORE is key to functional training
- Rules of communication
- How the technology explosion in healthcare impairs genuine communication
- Why outcomes have not improved in an age of research data availability
- The Definition Game: 10 ill-defined words we all rely on every day
LAB: KINESIOLOGICAL SURFACE EMG TESTING
- Volunteers selected, skin preparation, system test
- Single arm raise task in standing
- Video and sEMG recording of test activity
- We take requests: “Any movement you’re curious about? Let’s test it!”
- Learning how the CNS sees muscles
- Reviewing sEMG data to observe “chains” vs. groups
- Muscles, mood, and movement (Cuddy, et. al. i.e. current research review)
- CNS perspective: Opposing chains with broken links
- Implications of CNS as CORE: Motor learning in an always on, 24/7, learning, adapting system
WHAT IS THE CORE TWIST: HOW THE HUMAN MOTOR SYSTEM TRAINS ITSELF
- Lower quarter symptoms – most common underlying pathologies – the Core pattern as driver
- Upper quarter symptoms – most common pathologies – the Core pattern as driver
- Review of definitions from the Definition Game
- How far off were we?
- Recognizing the simple elegance of functional chains
TRAINING FUNCTIONAL CHAINS: EXERCISING OUT OF THE TWIST
- Training vs. exercise: Targeting the CNS with structured, resisted movement
- Opposing teams or an orchestra at work?
- Crosstraining out of the Twist
- Any exercise NOT countering the Twist is NOT Functional
LAB: THE FUNCTIONAL CHAIN GAME
- Workshop it !
- Demo and practice: XC Skiing, backwards resisted walking, etc.
- Best of the group brainstorming: FCT demo and SkiX activity
- Signs of success: Posture, balance, and youthful boldness
David Lemke, NMT, sEMG Tech, became interested in core function as a patient with back pain. Following pain relief and functional improvement brought about by gifted and well-trained manual therapists, he began his own apprenticeship with a renowned Canadian bodyworker in 1985.
Ten years into his own practice, Mr. Lemke made a breakthrough using information from a kinesiological surface electromyography (sEMG) evaluation. His discovery: that adding a single muscle manipulation to a parascapular trigger point sequence freed a borderline frozen shoulder and eliminated nearly all the pain – with lasting results uncommon to this type of manipulation. The treatment, later described as a sequenced motor point manipulation, became the subject of studies conducted by physical therapists at Idaho State University.
Since that time, Mr. Lemke’s sEMG assessments and motor point treatments have been relied on by top performing athletes, dancers, martial artists, and those recovering from orthopedic injuries and surgeries. As a passionate interest, Mr. Lemke has enjoyed working with special education teachers treating motor coordination problems in children diagnosed with learning disabilities.
He is a Certified Dartfish Video Coach and uses slow motion video analysis of biomechanics in his clinic. Mr. Lemke’s expertise using kinesiological sEMG is well known in the field, as he has tested exercise equipment, devices, and new treatment procedures as well as trained hundreds of specialized neuromuscular massage and physical therapists.
Mr. Lemke was the primary consultant to Champions Sports Medicine (Spokane, WA) in the creation of their Biomechanics lab and consults regularly with researchers at Baylor University’s Human Motion Lab. Learn more at davelemke.us
Financial: David Lemke receives commissions from Bioperformance Texas LLC and Flexsolate for demonstration and sales of the Functional Chain Trainer, as well as consulting. He receives a speaking honorarium for PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: David Lemke has no relevant non-financial relationships to disclose.
Here is a list of famous authors who have created online courses on topics at the website WSOBox. You can search by suggested author name: Dan Lok; Grant Cardone; Brian Tracy; Neil Patel; Tim Ferriss; Chris Guillebeau; Gary Vaynerchuk; Ramit Sethi; Tony Robbins; Seth Godin; Jordan Belfort; Sam Ovens; Amy Porterfield; Pat Flynn; Marie Forleo; Russell Brunson; Jeff Walker; Tai Lopez; Ryan Deiss; Noah Kagan; Anton Kreil; Nial Fuller; Steve Nison; Kathy Lien; Adam Khoo; Jason Stapleton; Andrei Knight; Navin Prithyani; Vic Noble; Andrew Weil; Mark Hyman; Michael Greger; Josh Axe; Sara Gottfried; Joel Fuhrman; Deepak Chopra; John Douillard; Dan Siegel; Gabor Maté; Richard Bandler; Tony Robbins; Dr. Steve G. Jones; Igor Ledochowski; Michael Breen; Paul McKenna; David Snyder; Tad James; John Grinder; Anthony Jacquin; …
Purchase the (Re)Defining the Core -The Key to Functional & Corrective Exercise – David Lemke - course at WSOBox and embark on a journey to unlock a world of knowledge at the most competitive price. Once your purchase is complete, you'll gain immediate access to our downloads page, allowing you to download all associated course materials. Furthermore, we will promptly send you a download notification email directly to your inbox.
Our (Re)Defining the Core -The Key to Functional & Corrective Exercise – David Lemke - courses have been meticulously crafted to empower you to reach your full potential and excel in your chosen field. Don't hesitate; take the initial stride towards greatness by acquiring our courses today. We are committed to providing a seamless and secure transaction experience, ensuring your peace of mind throughout the process.