Salepage: Click HERE – Archive:
We are in uncharted waters when it comes to children’s technology usage and what it means for the psychological issues that will arise from it. With each passing year, mental health professionals are being forced to find answers for the negative aspects associated with this ever-increasing integration of technology and kids’ lives.
It is imperative that we share the best information we have available to us to help this vulnerable population. We can’t stop the advancement of technology, but we must collectively find ways to minimize the negative impacts that can come with it.
Join Dr. Melissa Westendorf in this recording as she navigates through:
- The impact that technology has on a child’s developing brain
- How to assess technology overuse and how much of an issue it is for your client
- The 4 main areas that are impacted by technology in children
- Special considerations for children who have ADHD, Autism, or Anxiety
- Effective clinical strategies for working with children who are having issues with technology, as well as their parents.
Dr. Westendorf is a psychologist, attorney, and co-founder of the Technology Wellness Center. In her practice, she has assessed multiple young adults faced with legal consequences for behavior that was driven, in part, by technology overuse, which began in adolescence. The legal cases prompted her to co-found the Technology Wellness Center to provide tools and counseling to parents and children struggling with technology overuse issues.
- Articulate the possible impacts of technology overuse on the cognitive development of children.
- Implement techniques to assess technology overuse by a child and the issues that it may be causing.
- Determine the how to approach sessions with children involving autism, ADHD, and Anxiety.
How to Know if a Child’s Technology Use is a Problem
- Technology and a Child’s Brain
- Cognitive Processes Impacted by Heavy Technology Use
- Impulse Control, Attention, Focus, Organization
- Assessing Technology Overuse
- The Argument of Overuse versus Addiction
- What is the “Technology Use Continuum” (TUC) and How to Use It
The Four Areas Impacted – And Strategies to Deal with Them
- Loss of Interest in hobbies
- School Performance
- Withdrawal from Family Interactions
- Lack of Focus
- Lack of Exercise
- Lack of Time Spent Outside/Vitamin D
- Sleep Problems
- Lack of Emotional Development
- Impact on Interactions with Peers
- Understanding Social Cues
- Digital Safety
- Social Media
- Suicidal Ideation
- Violent Behavior
- Online Predators
Clinical Solutions and Strategies
- Questions to Ask in Session
- What is the Root Cause for the Initial Appointment?
- Is Technology THE Problem or Only Part of the Problem
- What are the Parent’s Goals for Working with a Clinician?
- Ongoing Therapy or Treatment Plans
- Providing Parenting Guidance and Solutions
Legal Issues to Consider
Here is a list of famous authors who have created online courses on topics at the website WSOBox. You can search by suggested author name: Dan Lok; Grant Cardone; Brian Tracy; Neil Patel; Tim Ferriss; Chris Guillebeau; Gary Vaynerchuk; Ramit Sethi; Tony Robbins; Seth Godin; Jordan Belfort; Sam Ovens; Amy Porterfield; Pat Flynn; Marie Forleo; Russell Brunson; Jeff Walker; Tai Lopez; Ryan Deiss; Noah Kagan; Anton Kreil; Nial Fuller; Steve Nison; Kathy Lien; Adam Khoo; Jason Stapleton; Andrei Knight; Navin Prithyani; Vic Noble; Andrew Weil; Mark Hyman; Michael Greger; Josh Axe; Sara Gottfried; Joel Fuhrman; Deepak Chopra; John Douillard; Dan Siegel; Gabor Maté; Richard Bandler; Tony Robbins; Dr. Steve G. Jones; Igor Ledochowski; Michael Breen; Paul McKenna; David Snyder; Tad James; John Grinder; Anthony Jacquin; …
Purchase the Technology Overuse: A Step-by-Step Guide to Assessment and Treatment for Children, Adolescents and Families – Melissa Westendorf course at WSOBox and embark on a journey to unlock a world of knowledge at the most competitive price. Once your purchase is complete, you'll gain immediate access to our downloads page, allowing you to download all associated course materials. Furthermore, we will promptly send you a download notification email directly to your inbox.
Our Technology Overuse: A Step-by-Step Guide to Assessment and Treatment for Children, Adolescents and Families – Melissa Westendorf courses have been meticulously crafted to empower you to reach your full potential and excel in your chosen field. Don't hesitate; take the initial stride towards greatness by acquiring our courses today. We are committed to providing a seamless and secure transaction experience, ensuring your peace of mind throughout the process.