Status: AVAILABLE – Download immediately
Salepage: Click HERE – Archive:
Languages: English; Combined file size: 6 Hours 26 Minutes; Included files: (Audio and Video)
- Rachel Cartwright-Vanzant
- 6 Hours 26 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Mar 09, 2020
A seasoned nurse had drawn up the right dose of a drug hundreds of times in her career.
But once…she made a life-changing error. A patient died, she was suspended and then fired from a profession she loves.
Patient safety is a sacred bond. For nurses, keeping patients safe is the top priority. But long shifts, high acuities, confusing dosing calculations, an ever-changing list of drug interactions, and similar drug names create an environment where even the most competent clinician can make a serious medication mistake.
Are you confident that you have the tools you need to avoid making a headline error?
This recording will give you all the resources you need to fulfill this critical aspect of your job and dramatically reduce your risk of making a life-changing error. Join Rachel Cartwright-Vanzant as she shares with you what she has learned working with the Board of Nursing in five states, consulting and educating nurses who have received corrective action and suspension related to their medication errors!
|Manual – Medication Error Prevention Training (4.7 MB)||126 Pages||Available after Purchase|
Through the teachings of real-life scenarios, expert Rachel Cartwright-Vanzant, Ph.D., MS, LHRM, CCRN-K, will walk you step-by-step through the following topics to transform your nursing practice.
Insights from a Legal Nurse Consultant
- What the current data says…will amaze you!
- Consequences of unsafe practice
- Patient injury or death
- Loss of trust
- Corrective action – Understanding what that means
- Suspended license
- Loss of license
- Types of Medication Errors
Med Error Contributors: Identify Safety Precautions for YOUR Practice
- Ineffective communication
- Experience level – Beginner vs. expert
- Interruptions and distractions
- Shift length, patient acuity, and workload
- Systems errors: Lack of safety nets
- Similar drug names
- Failure to follow policies or guidelines
- Taking short cuts
- Ordering: Electronic, written, verbal
- Order processing: Pharmacy review
- Beyond the 8 Rights of Medication Administration
- Review actual cases of medication errors: What went wrong?
Drug Calculation Errors: A Deadly Mistake!
- Common errors and how to avoid them
- Mathematical calculations
- Metric vs. imperial systems
- Units of measure and conversions
- Tools and policies to avoid making math errors
- The tragic and deadly stories…
Identify the Greatest Risk Potential for Errors
- High risk medications – Insulins, opioids, anticoagulants, etc.
- Drip titration
- Predict high risk patients for adverse reactions
- Must-know insights on reversal agents
- Barriers to reporting
- Internal reporting system
- Just Culture
- Professional accountability
- Incident reports – learning from past experiences
Minimize the Risk of Making a Life-Threatening Mistake: Individual and Systems Approaches
- Time management tools
- Think critically
- Facility safety nets
- Electronic tools
- Use the safety tools available
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP)
- Be a STAR! An easy philosophy to guide your safe, medication administration practice
Rachel Cartwright-Vanzant, MS, RN, CNS, LHRN, LNCC, has nearly three decades of clinical, management and consulting experience. Rachel is a legal nurse consultant certified (LNCC), a licensed healthcare risk manager (LHRM) and she holds a forensic nurse certificate (FNC). As a legal nurse consultant, Rachel works with attorneys, law firms and healthcare organizations to review and evaluate medical records for compliance with standards of care and regulations posed by accreditation agencies, including The Joint Commission. In addition to her legal insights, Rachel draws from vast clinical experiences, including work in: critical care, renal transplant, dialysis and surgical settings.
Financial: Rachel Cartwright-Vanzant is receiving a fee for speaking at this educational activity.
Nonfinancial: Rachel Cartwright-Vanzant has no relevant nonfinancial relationships to disclose.
Here is a list of famous authors who have created online courses on topics at the website WSOBox. You can search by suggested author name: Dan Lok; Grant Cardone; Brian Tracy; Neil Patel; Tim Ferriss; Chris Guillebeau; Gary Vaynerchuk; Ramit Sethi; Tony Robbins; Seth Godin; Jordan Belfort; Sam Ovens; Amy Porterfield; Pat Flynn; Marie Forleo; Russell Brunson; Jeff Walker; Tai Lopez; Ryan Deiss; Noah Kagan; Anton Kreil; Nial Fuller; Steve Nison; Kathy Lien; Adam Khoo; Jason Stapleton; Andrei Knight; Navin Prithyani; Vic Noble; Andrew Weil; Mark Hyman; Michael Greger; Josh Axe; Sara Gottfried; Joel Fuhrman; Deepak Chopra; John Douillard; Dan Siegel; Gabor Maté; Richard Bandler; Tony Robbins; Dr. Steve G. Jones; Igor Ledochowski; Michael Breen; Paul McKenna; David Snyder; Tad James; John Grinder; Anthony Jacquin; …
Purchase the Vanzant -Medication Error Prevention Training -30+ Best Practices to Minimize the Risk of Making a Life-Threatening Mistake – Rachel Cartwright - course at WSOBox and embark on a journey to unlock a world of knowledge at the most competitive price. Once your purchase is complete, you'll gain immediate access to our downloads page, allowing you to download all associated course materials. Furthermore, we will promptly send you a download notification email directly to your inbox.
Our Vanzant -Medication Error Prevention Training -30+ Best Practices to Minimize the Risk of Making a Life-Threatening Mistake – Rachel Cartwright - courses have been meticulously crafted to empower you to reach your full potential and excel in your chosen field. Don't hesitate; take the initial stride towards greatness by acquiring our courses today. We are committed to providing a seamless and secure transaction experience, ensuring your peace of mind throughout the process.