Breakthrough DBT Techniques for the Uncontrollable Child: Help Parents Go From Escalating Emotions to the Balance of Acceptance and Change – Matis Miller
When it comes to the “uncontrollable” child—who may have a diagnosis of ODD, DMDD, ADHD, severe impulse control, or emotional dysregulation—the rules are different…
…and it requires a powerful set of skills and tools, used at exactly the right time, to help them and their parents get unstuck and go from escalating emotions to the balance of acceptance and change.
Watch Matis Miller, LCSW, parent training expert and author of the groundbreaking book, The Uncontrollable Child, as he guides you through the most effective DBT-based techniques to help parents understand their child’s behavior, define their child’s strengths and challenges, and see the tools they have.
In this comprehensive parent training, you’ll learn how to skillfully integrate targeted strategies and practices for acceptance, mindfulness, validation, behavior-change and limit-setting that’ll empower parents to revolutionize their parenting skills and restore peace, limits and love with their children. Watch and you’ll confidently be able to:
- Relate effectively to the struggles and thought patterns of children and parents
- Identify and overcome the roadblocks that hinder progress
- Teach parents to manage their own behavior
- Decrease noncompliant, disruptive, and aggressive behavior in children
- Ensure the child feels loved, accepted, and understood
- And more!
The concepts you’ll learn are tailored to each client’s unique perspective, adapted for real life, and imparted in a clear and relatable style. When a parent who’s completely exhausted and at their wits end because nothing they’ve tried works with their child walks through your door, you’ll be ready! Purchase today!
- Develop an understanding of the acceptance/change balance in order to teach it to parents struggling with emotionally dysregulated children.
- Assess and target deficits in various areas of parenting and develop appropriate goals.
- Utilize dialectic concepts, language, and skills in parent training sessions.
- Implement mindfulness skills for everyday parenting situations.
- Demonstrate obstacles that commonly hinder your clients’ success.
- Support clients by learning how to relate to and understand their struggles, thought patterns, and challenges.
A Close Look at the Uncontrollable Child
- Diagnoses including ODD, DMDD, ADHD
- Hallmarks of the uncontrollable or highly sensitive child
- DSM-5™ and the DMDD diagnosis
The Guide to Maximize Parent Counseling
- Dialectical balance of acceptance and change
- Bridge the knowing and doing gap
- Empower parents to relate to their children
- Techniques for day-to-day use
- Recognize, understand, and overcome common roadblocks
DBT-based Strategies to Help Parents Overcome their Child’s Disruptive Moods
- Acceptance strategies including overcoming roadblocks to acceptance (beliefs and emotions)
- Mindfulness to light the way to effective parenting
- Validation as a relationship booster
- Behavior-change strategies to reduce unwanted behavior
- Limit-setting and the positive-negative ratio
Synthesize the Acceptance and Change Balance
- Ways to strengthen love, connection, nurturing, and change
- Behavioral change strategies for effective limit setting
- How to apply strategies to real life scenarios
- Guide parents through implementation and follow-up
- Integrate empathetic, down-to-earth style in your practice
- Limitations of the research and potential risks
Case Studies: How DBT-based Parenting Skills Helped These Children
- 3-year-old, always tantruming, parents can’t calm her down!
- 7-year-old, argues with parents about everything, it’s always a fight!
- 13-year old, impulsive, dx ADHD, struggles socially and academically
- 16-year-old complains that parents “don’t get her” and they are the cause of all her misery!
- Every time parents try to help their son, he just shuts down!
Are you interested in? Breakthrough DBT Techniques for the Uncontrollable Child: Help Parents Go From Escalating Emotions to the Balance of Acceptance and Change – Matis Miller Download, breakthrough dbt technique, breakthrough dbt techniques and skills, breakthrough dbt techniques activity, breakthrough dbt techniques ad, breakthrough dbt techniques at home.