How do some producers make great music after just one year of producing?
It’s not that they’re more talented.
It’s not that they have more money.
And it’s not even necessarily that they have more time…
The answer? It’s how they learn and practice.
The most successful new producers have these things in common:
- They work quickly and focus on finishing songs (not just starting 'em)
- They develop real skills rather than picking up a bunch of random techniques from YouTube tutorials
- They build habits that help them learn quickly and practice effectively
But most importantly, they get a good start.
They get the right education and advice from the get-go.
This saves them hundreds of hours of time over the course of their journey.
It helps them forge good habits (and avoid bad ones). And it’s a lot less frustrating than the path most new producers take.
If you’re a new producer, you’re likely thinking about all of this. Anxiously.
You love electronic music, and you want to produce music that you enjoy. Music that you’re proud to show others.
But you just can’t seem to gain traction.
You’ve read a few articles… watched a few videos…
But instead of giving you answers, they left you with more questions.
Or maybe you’ve already tried. You’ve taken an online course or program, but it was too confusing (and if you’re honest, a bit boring).
All YOU want to do is skip the nonsense and start off on the right foot.
Introducing: EDM Foundations
The #1 online course that teaches electronic music production through action and practice
You do not become a good producer by being fed endless amounts of information.
You become a good producer when you put concepts into practice, over and over again.
Anyone can read a book about writing melodies and come away with more knowledge. But the producers who consistently write great melodies? They’ve done it over and over again. They’ve developed the skill of melody writing.
The best course of action for learning production should focus on exactly this: skill development, intuitive learning, finishing songs, and having fun.
In other words, a course that actually helps.
That’s what EDM Foundations is.
It’s an in-depth, self-paced online course that teaches you the basics of everything you need to know about electronic music production.
You’ll start with the fundamentals and progressively learn more complex and advanced techniques and concepts as you progress through the course.
You won’t get overwhelmed, and you won’t get bored. We’ll walk you through everything.
Once you’ve gone through the course, you’ll have 4 finished songs that you can share with others.
The full package breakdown
(everything you get access to)
The Complete Foundations Course
You get full, lifetime access to the course that has helped over 2,800 producers master the fundamentals of electronic music production.
4 professional project walkthroughs that teach you production techniques and concepts step-by-step, without the frustration. All project files & resources are included.
Note: We have two versions of the course: one for Ableton Live users, and another for FL Studio users.
View full syllabus
The Foundations Guidebook
Quickly reference techniques and concepts with the included 100+ page guidebook (so you don’t always have to go back into and re-watch videos)
Live Q&A + Feedback Sessions
We’re not here to enroll you in the course and then forget about you. We’re committed to getting you results as a producer.
That’s why you get personalized feedback, mentorship and guidance from us course instructors during our live Q&A group calls every month.
You get lifetime access to these calls, along with all the recordings. That’s thousands of dollars of value.
Interactive Producer Community
Doing the whole music production thing alone? It can get boring. Enrolling in EDM Foundations enables you to join our private community of producers—all on the same wavelength as you.
Build connections, get inspired, ask questions, share your wins, get feedback, and have fun!
You also get access to the following bonuses to take your production game to the next level
Serum Sound Design Masterclass
Want to master sound design with Serum? This 2+ hour masterclass takes you from newbie to pro. Learn the basics, then move on to advanced functions like the wavetable editor. You’ll gain a bunch of Serum workflow tips too.
If you can’t write good melodies and chord progressions, your music will sound stale. Our Songwriting Bootcamp takes you through the theory and framework behind writing great chords, progressions, and catchy melodies.
Hyperbits Mixing & Mastering Workshops
Get hours of mixing and mastering advice from world-class producer Hyperbits. This bonus includes start-to-finish walkthroughs for mixing, mastering, and stem mastering.
EDM Foundations Legacy & Classic
When you enroll in the Complete Package, you also get access to the two previous versions of EDM Foundations.
Why would you want these? Because it’s 6 extra walkthroughs. The old versions aren’t obsolete, and they’re great practice to go through after taking the new version of the course.
Here's How it Works
EDM Foundations is a practical course. You’ll spend 90% of your time in your DAW following along step-by-step with what we’re doing, learning as you go.
By the end of the course, you’ll have developed four core production skills:
1. Idea Generation
You’ll be able to write catchy melodies, craft solid chord progressions, program detailed drum sequences, and more.
You’ll know how to turn an idea into a full song, create build-ups, use tension & energy, and keep the listener interested.
3. Sound Design
You’ll understand the tools & techniques used to make unique sounds, as well as audio manipulation and sample tweaking/refinement.
You’ll know how to use faders and effects to balance the instruments and sounds in your song, making it sound clear and polished.
You’ll develop these skills through copying, repetition, and experimentation.
Here’s how: we’ll work on four full songs together throughout the course. Essentially, we’ll walk you through the song creation process, step-by-step, from start to finish, three times.
Each song should take roughly one week to complete (though, you’re welcome to go at your own pace. There’s no deadline). After the course, we’ll give you guidance on how to produce your own original.
What You'll Learn in Each Module & Project
If you’re completely new to production, or even music as a whole, these first two modules will quickly help you understand how a D.A.W (Digital Audio Workstation) works and also how music fundamentally works.
Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) Basics
For Ableton Live & FL Studio
Whether you’re an FL Studio or Ableton Live user, we’ll help you master the fundamentals of your DAW and quickly build a professional workflow.
- How DAWs work (it's less complicated than you think)
- The best way to set up FL Studio or Ableton Live
- How to best navigate the interface and build a workflow
Music Theory Basics
Most new producers skip learning music theory. Bad idea. This module will run you through what you need to know about music theory in less than one hour.
- How the major and minor scales work
- The importance of intervals and how to use them
- How to build chords and chord progressions
Step-by-Step Project Walkthrough Modules
After learning the basics, you’ll dive in to the four walkthrough projects. You’ll download the resource files, be given a quick overview, and then I’ll walk you through each step.
(full syllabus available below this section)
Project 1: Future Bass
In the first project, you’ll learn the fundamentals of chord writing, vocal arrangement, and track arrangement. Specifically, we’ll focus on building a powerful drop by layering multiple instruments.
- How to arrange and layer multiple instruments
- The secrets behind an energetic and engaging arrangement
- The foundational approach to getting a clean mixdown
Project 2: House
Having learned the basics during project one, we’ll step things up in the second walkthrough and focus heavily on building a powerful house groove. In this project, we’ll spend most of our time programming a solid drum loop and layering bass instruments.
- How to create a powerful groove with just drums and bass
- Layering techniques to create a "wall of sound"
- How to build tension and energy into a drop
Project 3: Melodic Bass
The third project is an instrumental one, which means we have to compensate with our composition and percussive programming to keep the song interesting. We’ll do this again through layering, careful placement of sounds, and an impactful drum sequence.
- How to layer drums for maximum impact
- Creating a unique second drop (using existing elements)
- Techniques and tactics for keeping your arrangement interesting
Project 4: Future Pop
Our final project is by far the most complex track to produce, but it’s also the most rewarding. You’ll be using a professionally recorded vocal to start with, arranging elements and instruments around it. We’ll focus heavily on instrumentation and layering to build the hit.
- How to build a song around a vocal
- Group processing and mixing for clarity and punch
- How to take a project from average to great
What do I need?
All you need is a copy of Ableton Live, FL Studio or Logic Pro X and XFER Records Serum.
- Ableton Live has a free 30-day trial which you can learn more about here.
- FL Studio also has a free trial which you can learn more about here.
- You can start using Serum for just $10 per month on a “rent-to-own” plan (this is an affiliate link).
Note that we have dedicated versions of the course for each of the DAWs. The curriculum and structure is the same across all of them, but the teaching and techniques shown are specific to each DAW so that you can follow along step-by-step.
The Full Course Syllabus
We’ll help you master the fundamentals of production and take your music to the next level. Here’s how…
Ableton Live Version
FL Studio Version
Ableton Live Basics40:49
- What is a DAW?10:34
- Arrangement View07:16
- Session View07:27
- The Browser04:26
- The MIDI Editor06:07
- Clip View04:59
Music Theory Basics46:56
Project 1: Future Bass06:40:20
Project 2: House05:12:12
Project 3: Bass06:16:38
Project 4: Future Pop05:29:40
Finishing Your Original01:21:56
Note: the Logic Pro version of EDM Foundations is more or less the same curriculum as the Ableton Live version
EDM Foundations teaches you EXACTLY what you need to get started making your own electronic music, as quickly as possible
- It teaches you how to use your software effectively and productively, so you create good working habits from the get-go
- You learn by doing. The course walks you through the creation of FOUR songs, step-by-step (without missing anything).
- It teaches you what you need to know when you need to know it. We don’t throw everything at you straight away and leave it up to you to figure out.
Here’s a taste of what you’re getting inside the course:
- How to use your DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) and set it up like the professionals do (for both FL Studio and Ableton Live users)
- FOUR different step-by-step song walkthroughs that help you rapidly learn music production skills. Genres include: House, Future Bass, Trap, Melodic Bass
- The best crash course for learning music theory in the context of electronic music production (so you know how to make music that isn’t boring).
- Building a creative mindset and habits so you can crush music production during the course and afterwards.
- A proven framework for starting and finishing your own original songs after going through the course (so you don’t get stuck)
- Project files, resources, and downloads so you can follow along with exactly what we’re doing, step-by-step, without missing ANYTHING.
- Unlimited questions and answers, so even if you do get stuck, we’re here to help
Get Edm Foundations – Sam Matla & Connor O'Brien, Only Price $42
Tag: Edm Foundations – Sam Matla & Connor O'Brien Review. Edm Foundations – Sam Matla & Connor O'Brien download. Edm Foundations – Sam Matla & Connor O'Brien discount. edm foundations review. edm foundations login. edm foundations course download. edm foundations coupon code. edm foundations download. edm foundations free download. edm foundations review reddit.