When purchasing Play Therapy: Innovative Attachment-Based Interventions to Treat Trauma, Emotional Dysregulation, and Behavioral Challenges – Tammi Van Hollander and Jennifer Lefebre course, You can get it with the LIFETIME SUPPORT and UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD.
Play Therapy: Innovative Attachment-Based Interventions to Treat Trauma, Emotional Dysregulation, and Behavioral Challenges – Tammi Van Hollander and Jennifer Lefebre
Discover how play therapy will inspire and transform your work with children, teens, and families.
When young kids and teenagers come in for therapy, it often takes a creative and playful approach to engage them in the process and help them overcome their challenges.
If you’re looking for the best resources and creative interventions available…
This exclusive online training is it! This is your chance to join expert play therapy trainers and discover their favorite play therapy techniques that will help kids from early childhood to teenagers…
- develop empathetic connections
- process their emotions
- learn self-control
- build resilience
- strengthen attachments
- and increase social skills
…all while discovering themselves in a non-directive safe way.
Plus, you’ll gain valuable insights into how and why the techniques work…
Helping you make the best clinical decisions possible on which interventions to use and when they’ll be the most successful.
You’ll leave this course with a new toolbox loaded with creative and effective play-based interventions while earning up to 18.75 CE hours, all counting towards becoming a Registered Play Therapist (RPT) through the Association for Play Therapy.
Bonus! You’ll also get a digital copy of our new Play Therapy book for FREE – valued at $29.99.
This book includes the most effective play therapy activities for working with children with depression, anxiety, trauma, behavior issues, ADHD, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.
What You’ll Learn…
In this exclusive online training, these renowned play therapy supervisors reveal creative techniques, expert insights, and all their favorite resources to fill your toolbox.
Join sought-after play therapy expert and author, Clair Mellenthin, LCSW, RPT-S and learn…
Module 1 — The Essentials of Attachment-Based Play Therapy
- Which of your clients can benefit most from play therapy
- Your most important tasks for the beginning, middle, and end of therapy when repairing relationships and treating children using attachment-based play therapy
- Why play and the use of symbols in therapy is so effective for children
Module 2 — Attachment: The Importance of Forming and Repairing Relationships
- Why it’s essential to address attachment before problem behaviors
- The key concepts you’ll need to consider while assessing your client’s level of attachment with their caregivers
- What causes attachment wounds/ruptures in relationships
- The 4 S’s that children need to become securely attached to their caregivers
Module 3 — Treating the Most Primitive Human Emotion
- The primitive emotion our clients and their parents try to hide, making relationships even more strained
- Activities for both kids and parents to address this toxic emotion head-on
- Why children act out to deflect from these feelings (and how it makes parents more reactive to their kids)
Module 4 — Effective Interventions for Helping Kids Regulate Emotions
- How to successfully engage even the most disconnected parents in therapy
- How to make your own “calm down jars” for your office (and expert tips on what brands work best)
- How “lemon squeezies” can make body relaxation fun and engaging for children
Join renowned play therapy expert, supervisor, and author, Tammi Van Hollander, LCSW, RPT-S and learn…
Module 5 — Building Healthy Relationships and Child Development
- How to better understand the problem behaviors that frustrate parents
- What obstacles to expect in development and relationships from birth to age 6
- How you can invite your clients to be more fun and playful in therapy
Module 6 — Why Play? The Case for Play Therapy with Young Children
- The hilarious short video demonstrating EXACTLY why talk therapy won’t work for young children
- The unexpected benefits your clients may experience through play therapy
- What to be cautious of when considering using play therapy with your clients
Module 7 — Non-Directive Interventions: Letting the Child Lead
- The “fantasy island” activity kids love – and how it can help them create a safe place by creating their ideal world
- The differences between Sandplay and Sandtray therapy, and how both can help your clients work through difficult issues
- How to be the most effective in helping children while you’re following their lead in play therapy
Module 8 — Directive Interventions: Guiding Them with Fun, Engaging Activities
- How to guide clients through ultra-relaxing “rainbow walks” to help them relax in a unique way
- The very best resources for using mindfulness and yoga with kids to reduce stress, regulate emotions, and increase body awareness
- How to help kids quiet their “worry brain” using these creative interventions
Join highly-respected play therapy supervisor and consultant, Jennifer Lefebre, PsyD, RPT-S and learn…
Module 9 — Advancing Adolescent Treatment with Play Therapy
- Why you should be using play therapy with your teenage clients too
- How to understand the difference between resistance, opposition, and shut-down (and how to use this to make faster progress in therapy)
- How to avoid the “frustration factor” that commonly interferes with therapy with teenagers
Module 10 — Adolescent Development — Tasks, Theories & Challenges
- How social media, TV, movies, and music affect your clients… and how to use these effectively in therapy
- Why caregivers should still play with their teenagers… and how to make this part of their daily routine
- The most crucial tasks for adolescent development, and how these can contribute to challenges both at home and in the therapy room
Module 11 — Proven Play Therapy Techniques for Teens
- How to use silence to actually build stronger engagement and rapport in therapy (with engaging techniques for hard-to-reach teenagers)
- How to use embodied play therapy and movement techniques to help teens regulate emotions and behaviors
- Creative activities to use sandtrays, drawing, painting, clay, masks, and more… giving your clients effective ways to communicate their thoughts and feelings
FREE E-Book when you enroll today
Play Therapy: Engaging & Powerful Techniques for the Treatment of Childhood Disorders By Clair Mellenthin, LCSW, RPT-S
Kids benefit in therapy most when they can express themselves through their natural language — play.
But depending on what they’re struggling with specifically, you’ll need to tailor your approach to their specific challenges.
In this book, renowned play therapy supervisor, Clair Mellenthin, LCSW, RPT-S, shares creative techniques and gives you a solid understanding of why these work for kids with…
- Disruptive Behavior Disorders
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Childhood Trauma
- And more…
This book normally sells for $29.99… But when you purchase this course, it’s yours FREE as our gift to you.
Are you interested in? emotional dysregulation disorder; emotional dysregulation adhd; emotional dysregulation test; emotional dysregulation symptoms; emotional dysregulation medication
Purchasing Play Therapy: Innovative Attachment-Based Interventions to Treat Trauma, Emotional Dysregulation, and Behavioral Challenges – Tammi Van Hollander and Jennifer Lefebre course now, You can get it with the LIFETIME SUPPORT and UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD.