Have you ever wondered why the program that helped your best friend put 30lbs on his squat didn’t do the same for you?
Have you ever tried to follow a workout from the pages of a magazine only to see yourself get weaker and smaller… or even worse, fatter?
Have you ever tried your hand at the most popular new training system only to find yourself hobbling around in pain over the next few days… or even worse, injured?
If you answered yes to even one of these questions, then I’ve got some very good news for you.
My name is Eric Cressey, and I am the president of Cressey Sports Performance, a high performance training facility near Boston, MA. We started off small, but we’re now a 15,000-square-foot training facility.
You don’t work your way up to a facility of this size without providing great coaching to your clients. You know why? Because if you aren’t excellent at what you do – constantly updating your training philosophies to give clients the best possible experience and amazing results – you go out of business quickly. Furthermore, you need to be able to coach whoever walks through your doors. Here at CP, we see hundreds of different clients every week.
We’ve coached people from all walks of life, including:
- Former college athletes seeking a new competitive outlet
- Teenagers working hard to get into the major leagues
- Women trying to lose their pregnancy weight
- Lifelong “hardgainers” looking to pack on muscle mass
- Tennis players looking to bulletproof their shoulders
- Middle-aged desk jockeys who just want to be able to crush beer and wings during NFL games on Sunday afternoons guilt-free
- Powerlifters who want to move serious weight
- Post-surgery cases who just want to maintain training during their rehabilitation
We even have professional athletes who literally move their families across the country to train with us .
As you can imagine, I’ve seen it all, and after working with such a wide variety of people, I’ve come away with one big lesson:
No Two People Move the Same… Including You
When I decided to create a workout system, there was something that was more important to me than anything else: a strong emphasis on personalization.
The problem with other programs out there is they force people to fit into their system of training. Admittedly it’s better than having no direction, but for a lot of people it can make things worse off than they already were.
Let’s take a woman with loose joints (hypermobility) as an example. If she did a lot of aggressive stretching (you know, because the experts are always telling us to stretch), she could easily hurt herself! Conversely, the stiff-as-a-board guy at the cubicle next to her might do those exact same stretches and rid himself of his chronic back pain!
Now imagine this scenario and apply it to a workout where these same people are applying heavy loads to their body. It’s a recipe for disaster.
Which brings me to my point: why do people still buy cookie cutter programs?
I’ve thought about it long and hard, and it seems like there are two reasons:
- High quality customized programs are usually very expensive.
- There are only a handful of coaches out there who can deliver such high quality customized programs.
I hate to say it, but the industry is full of unqualified people who lack the educational background and the practical hands-on experience to know what works and what doesn’t.
After spending the past few years trying to figure out a solution to these issues, I’ve finally come up with a way to deliver high quality customization at an affordable price. It’s called The High Performance Handbook.
The High Performance Handbook Is Like Nothing You’ve Ever Seen Before…
First, unlike your typical cookie-cutter program, it doesn’t force you to do an exercise you can’t.
Second, it designs a program suitable to your needs – based on how you move, what your schedule allows, and what your goals are.
Third, it’s an entire system. Not just some manual that says “do this.” We give you an entire video database, how to modify exercises, and much more.
Most important, it does all of this at a very affordable price.
The High Performance Handbook Maximizes Your Training Results Without Wasting Your Time
I’ve trained thousands of different people over the past 10 years, from elderly grandmothers to professional baseball players in the major leagues. Regardless of who I’m coaching, I tell them to do at least one thing: keep track of the important stuff.
There’s a reason why I’m so adamant about this – it’s because I do the same. Since the first day I started training clients, I’ve kept detailed notes on what works and what doesn’t. I’ve got everything from what cues make an exercise easy and obvious to perform to what makes it harder. The High Performance Handbook is all those years of knowledge broken down into a step-by-step system for an easy-to-follow and effective training system:
- Self-Assess – Using easy-to-follow videos, we have you do a few self-assessments. These assessments will give you the information you need to pick a roadmap to start your journey with these programs (there’s more than one route).
- Set Goals – Fat loss? Strength gain? Muscle gain? Athletic performance? I tell you how to modify elements to match up with your goals.
- Schedule – We want to make sure the program you select works with your schedule, so you can choose from 2x/week, 3x/week, and 4x/week strength training options (and supplemental work, depending on your goal from #2).
- Review the Exercises – We don’t give you text descriptions or just a few pictures on each exercise. There’s an entire video database that shows you how to do every single exercise, all with full coaching instructions.
- Start – You’ll go in and have an awesome first training session. No need to worry about what exercises to do, how to do them, or if you even can do them – we’ve already solved that.
- Hit Your Goals – Follow the four month program and you’ll meet your goals. Repeat depending on the way your goals evolve as you get stronger and leaner.
The High Performance Handbook makes it easy for you to safely reach a high level of performance. It’s a workout tailored specifically for you. It’s a choose-your-own-adventure approach to better performance, better results, and a better you!
What Does The High Performance Handbook Include?
Though it’s called a “handbook,” this isn’t some book that is going to sit on your bookshelf and collect dust. Rather, it’s a thorough and expansive resource that will suit your goals over the next few years, letting you use it over and over again.
The High Performance Handbook includes:
The High Performance Handbook Main Guide
The base on which everything is built. This guide walks you through everything you need to know to interpret and put the program into action. This document links to two detailed videos – Introduction and Self-Assessment – that set the stage for helping you achieve your goals.
The High Performance Handbook: Video Database
This is a highly focused collection of over 200 videos and three hours of footage (and unlike most videos, we get to the point asap). You can watch and listen to me coach an athlete through every exercise in the program. Trust me; you’ll be utilizing these videos for a long time; it’s like your own private coaching seminar with me. I go through cues and other intricacies of form to ensure you do all the exercises perfectly. (With instructions so detailed, it’ll be as if I’m standing right there coaching you through every single movement)
The High Performance Handbook: Training Templates
These training templates are based on the same ones we use at Cressey Sports Performance. You can simply print them out and take them to the gym as your follow-along guide for each training session. Included are 2x/week, 3x/week, and 4x/week strength training options – making this resource conducive to any training schedule. The program you use should fit your schedule, not vice versa!
The High Performance Handbook: Four Supplemental Conditioning Options
I’ve created four custom metabolic conditioning programs that you can choose from based on your specific goals and the time and resources you have available. Yet again, making the program work for your schedule.
The High Performance Handbook: Exercise Modifications Library
No access to a power rack or prowler? Missing certain equipment that we use in the program? No problem. I’ve included a complete section (with videos) on exercise modifications to show you exactly how to modify the program to fit what you do have and still achieve your goals. No need to change gyms or break the bank.
The High Performance Handbook: Special Populations Guide
Do you have special circumstances? This guide walks you through how to modify the program to suit your specific needs. I discuss how to modify the program for over-40 lifters, those who really want to build muscle mass, those who want to Olympic lift, overhead throwing athletes, and in-season athletes. This product is already versatile, but this addition takes it to another level!
But That’s Not All. I’m Going to Sweeten the Pot with Some Awesome Bonuses …
Bonus #1: Maximum Tension for Maximal Results
Relative strength expert Miguel Aragoncillo outlines some valuable tension-building strategies to optimize performance.
Bonus #2: Cheap Additions to Your Training Program
Accomplished powerlifter Jordan Syatt introduces several quick and easy ways you can bulk up your equipment arsenal extremely affordably with items you never thought would be useful in a gym.
Bonus #3: Troubleshooting Single-Leg Exercises
College strength and conditioning coach Dave Rak takes you step-by-step through a lot of the common technique problems he sees with single-leg exercises – and how to fix them.
Bonus #4: 10 Ways to Modify or Regress a Movement
Cressey Sports Performance coach Andrew Zomberg walks you through some of the most common regressions (simplifying a movement) we use with our clients. This includes both text, and a number of detailed video coaching tutorials
Just to compare – if you were to fly here to Boston and somehow snag a coveted spot in my personal coaching schedule, you would expect to pay upwards of $500/hr. A personally designed program from me costs at least $1000.
With all these resources, it’s safe to say that I’ve given you every tool you will need to get stronger, perform better, and build a leaner, more athletic body; all while teaching your body to move more efficiently without any nasty aches and pains.
Both Performance & Nutrition Covered
Now, here’s where it gets more awesome. As the testimonials show, The High Performance Handbook training system is remarkably effective by itself. However, if you want to really kick things up a notch and really maximize your performance, you need to line up your training efforts with some stellar nutrition and lifestyle choices. And that’s why I’ve enlisted the help of my good friend, Brian St. Pierre, to write The High Performance Handbook Nutrition Guide .
Brian is a brilliant, forward-thinking nutrition expert. And not just some self-proclaimed expert – he’s consulted with countless pro athletes and regular fitness folks alike, and he’s one of the bright minds contributing heavily to Dr. John Berardi’s world-renowned Precision Nutrition system. Just like how I’ve been taking notes on what works for my training clients, Brian has been taking notes on what works for his clients! Here’s a quick list of what Brian covers in the manual:
- Nutrition Application Section – Quick and easy for those who simply want to know how to eat better.
- Example Menus – Over a dozen, ranging from getting lean, getting big, and maintenance, to Intermittent Fasting, and Paleo. covers male and female nutrition, as well as different approaches based on when you train (keeping up with our customization process).
- Recommended Recipes – 50 of them! Ranging from breakfast, chicken, beef, and seafood meals, to side dishes, desserts, snacks, and Super Smoothies.
- Proteins, Carbs, and Fats – Explanations of the critical importance of getting in adequate amounts. It’s easier than you think!
- Beverages – Discussion on the pros and cons, including coffee, tea, fruit juice, beer, wine, water and more.
- Build Your Own Super Smoothies – A step-by-step guide on how to build your own Super Smoothies (and we’ve already included 11 recipes).
- Artificial and low-calorie sweeteners – What’s safe, what might not be, and what you should actually consume.
- Dairy – A breakdown of the pros, the cons, raw vs. pasteurized, grass-fed vs. grain-fed.
- Sleep – How to improve the quantity and quality of your sleep, and why this is critical to giving you the body composition, performance and health you desire.
- Stress – How to manage your stress, and in the process, maybe even save your life.
- Chemicals in our Environment – An eye-opening exposé on all of the chemicals in our environment, the danger they pose, and the action steps you can take to limit your exposure and improve your health.
I know training and performance, and Brian knows nutrition. With that in mind, I’m giving you the option of purchasing The High Performance Handbook with or without Brian’s Nutrition Guide.
Get The High Performance Handbook (Gold Package) – Eric M. Cressey , Only Price $44
Tag: The High Performance Handbook (Gold Package) – Eric M. Cressey Review. The High Performance Handbook (Gold Package) – Eric M. Cressey download. The High Performance Handbook (Gold Package) – Eric M. Cressey discount.